Thursday, January 17, 2008

XM Radio

Our car came with 3 months of free XM radio. At first I was just overwhelmed by all the channels, but after I found channels 8 and 9 I changed my tune. (I am also loving the Public Radio station, I even get to listen to Radio West on occasion). It's amazing how a song can take you right back to someplace. Like PCHS or the BYU or even a more specific place. I have heard so many great tunes, Arrested Development Mr. Wendal and Tennessee, Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation and Again, Snoop Dogg (sitting in the high school parking lot with it blaring just because), Cranberries, Stone Temple Pilots, Bryan Adams (middle school dances anyone?!?!?!), and this one: a personal favorite.
Enjoy.
And then try to tell me you aren't right back in 10th grade.
And if you don't start commenting, I'm gonna have to whip out the big guns. And it isn't gonna be pretty. (I will anyway, don't worry)

9 comments:

Scott said...

Ahhhhh the Gin Blossoms - classic. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Gin Blossoms came on the radio when I was taking my baby sitter home. I asked her if she liked the Gin blossoms, and she looked at me with a totally blank stare.

Anonymous said...

Gin Blossoms came on the radio when I was taking my baby sitter home. I asked her if she liked the Gin blossoms, and she looked at me with a totally blank stare.

JCooper said...

Ah, thanks for the fun flashback JJ! An awesome 80's song was on the radio the other day and my little sister had never heard of it and couldn't figure out why I was so excited. How sad that she missed that era! P.S. Happy Anniversary! You guys look great!

Traci said...

JJ_ it's Trac from CT. I have been lurking on your blog and tit's been fun to see what you guys are up too!
I got my husband satelite radio last year for Christmas, I love to drive his truck around and listen to the 90's stations!! The best!

Jack Attack said...

trip down memory lane...

Tennessee totally reminds me of the Knudsen twins (speaking of Sylvia, remember our obession with Nathan What's-his-last-name (or was Nathan even his name?)...we would spy on him at BBall practice before swim team. And then speaking of BBall and the Knudsen twins...remember the surprise we found in the whitey-tighty's? And Anna threw it at the cheerleaders...we tho't we were soooo funny.)

I can still remember sitting in Johanna's room getting ready to go out listening to Again...I think to a dance.

And then listening to Snopp Dogg in Consuela...which reminds me of the time Syliva fell out of the car when we were doing a drive by of the Oly boys house.

And what about House of Pain and all the mosh pits that song created.

Good Times.

Jenn said...

Tennessee! That's hilarious! Ahhh. I love flashbacks. I used to love the gin Blossoms. Here's my all time favorite high school flashback though (I still listen to it sometimes--hope it works).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjtRJkS85w

Jack Attack said...

ah, yes, now I remember

The Frosts said...

That's actually a flashback to college for me. Hmmmph. I guess I'm older than you are. I did really love the Gin Blossoms though. Sometimes it still pulls up randomly on my iPod and I rock out. Would you subscribe to XM based on your experience with it?