
I heard pieces of this on Radio West today between driving to the store to buy cupcakes for A's birthday (I burned the ones I made of course) then driving to preschool to share them with her class and then again on the way to Costco after the preschool party. Just click on the link and then click on the MP3 icon above his picture. Don't read the comments, they are just bitter ones, but I loved hearing the parts I heard. I loved that President Hinckley reminded us so often to be better people, to be less judgmental, and to be better neighbors. I felt like he wanted us to try to remember that we are ALL children of God and to focus on the gospel of Jesus Christ rather than the culture of Mormon people.
I loved seeing him and hearing him speak while I was at BYU. Here is a quick story-- after taking loads of pictures on our wedding day, we headed over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for our luncheon. We had to get on the elevator to go downstairs and as we were getting on, President Hinckley and Sister Hinckley were getting off. We about plowed them right over!! oops. What a wonderful man and example he was. I am going to miss his straightforward and short talks, he never went over when he spoke at conference. Even though he will be missed by so many, it's great to know that he can finally take a rest and be with his wife again.
**EDIT** That is a really long clip, but you can read this to read another great, but shorter article.
1 comment:
that's funny about your wedding day. I'm sure they understood!
it makes me so sad that people are leaving such nasty comments on all the articles about such a GOOD PERSON. seriously.
I will miss him - I can't believe he's gone, seems like he's been around forever, huh?
Post a Comment