Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crazy Day



Wednesday was a crazy day for us. I don't have lots of time right now, but I wanted to type this all before I forget. Clint and Chaliese got here late Tuesday night and we were all so excited to have them here, I just feel bad they didn't get to see Lewis for more than a couple of hours, but that's our life these days. Wednesday morning I had a dr. appointment and when I got back I called the vet because Moose's arthritis had been getting really bad, to the point that we thought she had a broken leg or something. So I called and they just said to bring her in. I took Clint, Chaliese and the kids downtown to the science center to hang out while we did the vet thing. When I got there it was about 12:30 and they had just gone to lunch. When the dr. came back he looked at moose and I called back at 2. He told me that he had found a mass on her spleen and wanted to do some xrays. I called back at 2:45 and he said that they wanted to do surgery asap. Like, in the morning. So I called Lewis and he was all for doing the surgery, I wasn't so sure. SOOO, I left her there, she was tired and sedated, and headed to the science museum (3 and a half hours later) to get the gang. I honestly don't know what I would have done if C and C weren't here, they totally saved the day. We went home, made dinner, ate quickly, Lewis got home, and he and I headed out to BUY A NEW CAR!!!! It's a dream come true and I will post pictures later today. But here's a link to get you excited. (but we got the dark gray version) It was a long day, but we topped it all off by piling in the new car (WE ALL FIT!!!!!!!!!) and heading over to Krispy Kreme.
Moose did great in her surgery and after eating lunch at the Irondale Cafe (whistlestop cafe), enjoying the trains, and stopping in a great used book store, we went and visited her. She has a gnarly wound stapled shut, but seeing her happy and excited to see us made me glad we decided to go ahead with the surgery. Even if she is just a dog. She is part of our family and she deserved a chance. She gets to come home today!

3 comments:

lnkmom said...

Copy Cat!!!! No, really you are going to LOVE your new car!

Jack Attack said...

so funny, we have been looking at the same car.
glad to hear Moose is okay.

Jenn said...

I'm so glad Moose is doing fine. YAY for your new car. We really should get one, but I've always driven a p.o.s and oddly I can't seem to stomach the idea of driving a new car yet. Because I'm sick and weird and need therapy.

Enjoy your well deserved fabulous car!