I am grateful for food! I love good food!!! Cooking really isn't my thing, it is messy and I'm just not that good at it, but I love the eating part. I don't think I have ever shared a recipe on my blog before, but now is the time. My mother in law sent this recipe and it is amazing. You need to try it asap. Trust me on this one.
The Better Butter Chicken
>> 2 tbsp butter
>> 1 cup chopped onions
>> 2 tsp minced garlic
>> 1 Tbsp grated ginger-root
>> 1 tsp chili powder
>> 1/2 tsp ground turmeric 1/4 tsp cinnamon
>> 1 can (19 oz diced tomatoes, undrained)
>> 2 Tbsp tomato paste
>> 1 Tbsp brown sugar
>> 1/2 tsp salt
>> 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
>> 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat cut up
>> 1/3 cup light cream
>> 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
>> 1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
>> hot cooked basmati rice
>>
>>
>>
Melt butter in a deep, 10 inc skilled over med. heat. Add nions and
garlic. Cook slowly,stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5
minutes. Add ginger-root, chili powder, turmeric, and cinnamon.
>> Cook 1 more minute.
>>
Add undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring
occasionally.
>> Add cut up chicken, cream and sour cream. Simmer, uncovered for five more minutes.
>> Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
>> Serve over hot basmati rice, if desired.
>>

2 comments:
Yea, I haven't tried it yet but am having company over on Friday and I am serving this. I am glad you tried it out first! woo hoo
I can't wait to try this when I can eat dairy freely again! :)
Post a Comment