Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude-- Nov. 1

Tonight for Young Womens we are working on a gratitude project.  I think it's so important to remember all the blessings in my life so I am going to try and make November my bloggy gratitude month.  This November comes with much anxiety for me because soon it will be one year since my mom passed away.  It's still so raw and painful for me to think about but hopefully I can fill my month with good memories and not dwell on the terrible last few days of her life.  They seem to haunt me and I'm still working on processing it all. 

ANYWAY---- back to being grateful!  Even though it's been a really tough year,  (for Lewis too, he has been so so busy with residency stuff of course) I have been so grateful to have Lewis by my side.  I realize how lucky I am to have him to support me and to listen when I just want to cry and talk about my mom so much.  He's the greatest guy and I am grateful that he's mine! 


1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

When I saw the pic of Lewis and the title I thought you were going to say we should be grateful for the little things we take for granted, like eyesight.
I honestly feel your pain in losing your mom. It will be 5 yrs for me and yesterday I was talking about mom to some guys I am tutoring in English and I didn't cry!!! I was amazed b/c I always tear up. I swallowed the tears a bit but they didn't come flowing down my cheeks.
I hope you have a very good November.
I am grateful for you JJ! I think you are wonderful!