I am grateful for the leaf truck that comes and vacuums up the millions of leaves that fall on our yard every year.
Yesterday when I was pulling in from my morning errands and appointments I noticed that they had vacuumed up my pile of leaves. I drove to the end of the street and saw that they hadn't gotten past my yard so I got to work. I knew they would be back to finish the street soon, it was a race against time! There was a blanket of leaves covering the yard (it looks pretty good in these pictures from last week) that I blew, raked and dragged to the street as fast as I could.
It was hard work, but I was able to get almost the entire front and side yards cleared before they got back with the truck. I was exhausted but so glad to get those leaves out of here. They only come every 7 or 8 weeks so I knew I had to get those leaves to the street or I would be bagging them all. I've still got lots to bag up, but at least those ones are gone!
As they were vacuuming the leaves up, Cate was crying "they are taking all of our leaves!!" Thank goodness!




No comments:
Post a Comment