Road trips! I am thankful for road trips. I love to hit the road with my little family and explore this great country. My kids are great travelers. Not because they were born that way but because they don't really have a choice. They are good at it because we do it. And we go as often as we can. As a result they have been to most of the states already. Here are a few (haha) pictures from our last trip to Charleston, South Carolina for a dental school friend's wedding.
Playing in the fountain and collecting acorns
Dental school friends. It was so fun to see them!
Especially to meet little Luca. His parents Matt and Anna are some of our most favorite friends ever. They are so wonderful and so is he! Abs tried to eat him.
We met a real life pirate and visited a DUNGEON where they held prisoners during the REVOLUTIONARY WAR. For real.
Signed the Declaration of Independence while sucking on a lollipop. No biggie.
In the dungeon:
Cate fell in love with a Red Coat (gasp!!)
We saw the sea wall from the original building:
More fountain (I guess these pictures are out of order)
While Lewis was at the wedding we found a cool park on the water where Occupy Charleston was going on. It was awesome.
Cate ran away and wasn't happy about being caught:
But I was glad she was caught:
See the tents in the background? I made Aiden do that trick where you have someone stand in the direction of the person/thing you really want a picture of. Gotta teach em early!
Yeah, we did some jumping and sliding too:
More Occupy Charleston. Man, these are seriously out of order:
I just love the houses and buildings in Charleston. I didn't get many pictures of the homes, but they reminded me a lot of the Garden District in New Orleans.
And we got some Belgian gelato. Brooks always picks the best kinds. (Mango I think this time.)
Checking out the big ships through the thing you can never actually see through.









































No comments:
Post a Comment