{Blush} Thanks Lew! I think you're pretty terrific too. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder. Come home sometime, ok?
This is awesome. Ok, I fell off the wagon with my gratitude posts but I had lots of good excuses. :) Maybe I'm just not really grateful. Just kidding! Calm down! We had a Thanksgiving feast here and then Grandma Dee came so we've been busy having too much fun with her. But I am still grateful.
Nov. 23 was one year since my mom passed away. It was sad but I managed to hold myself together. Lewis called and told me not to make dinner and we went out to this awesome AUTHENTIC Chinese restaurant with pigs feet on the menu. It was yummy. Then we sent balloons up to heaven with messages for my mom. I was thinking this would be a nice, happy thing to do but it turned into a total cryfest ending with everyone sad and bawling our eyes out. Another one of my great ideas.... (Hey-- anyone want to ride the Trax up to temple square to see the lights?!?!?)
So I am grateful for memories. So glad that I have a million great memories of my mom. Of her laughing at all my dumb jokes, shopping with me, talking to me about me, seeing how much she loved my babies, I could go on and on. Thanks mom! You're the best.
Nov. 24 I am grateful for my siblings. Mostly for my sisters. (My brothers most likely don't even know I have a blog so they don't mind me saying that). We don't have our mom here any more, but at least we have each other. I'm grateful for their love and support. And that they remind me of my mom. Jackie is sensitive like her and Jordan is nice to everyone like her. And she looks like her. They keep my mom alive to me but they don't laugh at my jokes. Hmm...
Nov. 25 I am grateful for terrific in laws. When you get married you take a risk on what you're going to get with the outlaws. Mine are so great. They are kind and generous and hard working. Also, they have always been good to me and put up with me and my craziness. It can be hard living so far away but sometime we'll all be together again! Dan, Dee, Clinton(and Chaliese and kids), Tiana(and Jason and Zoe), and Candace thanks for being so great!
Nov. 26 I am grateful for sweater weather. The summers here are so long and hot there are some days that I just dream of being able to have lots of covers at night and wearing sweaters when I go outside. We've had a few of those days this year (snow flurries for about 10 minutes this morning) and I am grateful for the changing seasons. Even if they aren't very extreme this time of year.
Nov. 27 I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful for the knowledge that He has reorganized his church on the earth again. We don't go to the church we go to because it is close by, because they have the best gym or children's ministries, or because we like the preacher. We go because we know that it is where we learn the truth that God has restored to the earth. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He loves me and has a plan for me.
Nov. 28 I am grateful for a comfortable bed. Have you ever slept on a terrible bed? I love my bed. It's big and soft and there's room for lots of kids to climb in at night. We love having them all in there for about 5 minutes. Then the party's over! But I am really grateful for my bed.
Nov. 29 I am grateful for music. Right now Taylor Swift is blaring on the computer as I type and I love that my kids love music too. They really love Justin Beiber too. And all the stuff we make them listen too as well. I'm glad that lots of times in the evenings when I've reached the end of my rope and Lewis is nowhere to be found we just turn on some tunes and rock out and everyone can get their crazy energy out and move it.
Nov. 30 is tomorrow but I'm posting today because I'm a slacker. I'm grateful for the opportunity to create. I'm not super crafty or anything but I know that when I get to create a craft or quilt or saw the bottom off a dresser to make it a buffet for my dining room or whatever it just makes me feel good. Having a creative outlet makes me calm down (unless I am trying to sew and then I just get frustrated) and gives me a chance to express myself a little bit.
4 comments:
Love you too?
We are grateful for you too! And I can totally relate to the crafty comment. I get excited and like trying things even though they don't always turn out like I want them too, but sewing always ends up with me throwing some sort of fit. :)
I'm glad to have you as a sister. We love reading your blog. And maybe if your jokes were funny, we would laugh. :-)
I am grateful for your mom too! I love that sweet, wonderful lady and am grateful for all the things she taught me. Why don't you move to Montana? I need some friends here and Aiden and Avery would be BFF!
Post a Comment