I am sitting here listening to Cate cry and cry. She cried for 2 hours earlier tonight, finally fell asleep, only to wake up a half an hour later screaming again. It's been an hour and a half this time. I just want to go pick her up and put her in my bed. This 3 and a half hours of crying tonight is honestly more than she has ever cried in her life until today COMBINED. And I am totally not exaggerating.
Ok. I feel better now. Tomorrow night will be better. Right?
4 comments:
I know sleep training sucks big-time, but it really is the best thing for them. Just think of me and listening to two babies cry themselves to sleep. :) Good luck and yes, it will get better!
Oh yes, I am glad those days are behind us!! I tried it at 4 months... didn't happen... then again at 6 months and it worked!! It took about 3 nights of screaming for who knows how long to initially fall asleep then waking up in the night and doing it again... yuck... then it turned into crying for about 20 minutes for acouple nights... then abracadabra... just lay the boy in the crib and he is golden. I think the key for us was Ben learning to put his own binky in his mouth. He sleeps with about 6 in there with him so he can easily find them. Not that I am telling you anything you don't already know... you have experience on me.
Hope you guys are well... match day coming up!!! YAHOO!!
-Hillary
Oh I remember those days with Bowen, fortunately I was recommended the best sleep book EVER! So i will pass the info on. Oh man, I suddenly can't think of the name...I lent my copy to my sister in law. I will get back to you. How's that for advice!!!!?
Hang in there. As you know, it's painful, but oh so worth it.
Post a Comment