Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cate's birds and quilts

For Christmas Jordan gave me these cute birds and instructions for making this adorable mobile. Isn't it great? (the pictures don't do it justice). Cate will just stare and stare at it, she is now sleeping (mostly) in her crib at night, so she's glad for the company I'm sure.

Hey, the exersaucer is serious business.




This quilt was made by my Grandma Krieger. It is so beautiful. The pinks are very peachy and sweet. I love this quilt.



Just before Cate was born Lewis had a patient at the VA who came a far distance for treatment. His wife made this quilt for C. I think the guy must have liked Dr. Lewis. We love the Dick and Jane books. Another beauty. You might remember the note that came with the quilt, it referenced the "gift" "from God" which Cate absolutely is. 100%.



This one was made by my amazing Mom. I love the flowers and the triangle border.



And last but not least is this cute one made by Jordan. It's the perfect size for throwing in the car seat.



Cate is a lucky girl. She has lots of quilts made just for her.
I have to go make dinner so I will fix the words and pictures later. I know they're a mess and I'm typing with one hand so take it easy on me.

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Those quilts are beautiful (just like Cate). Glad to see that someone else puts quilts on the wall. My mom hates that I do that with the ones she makes for my kids, but I think they're works of art and should be treated as such. :)

Dan and Dee said...

The quilts made me think of Aiden's comment about the little girl with only one dress for Sunday and she asked you why she only had one. After you explained some people don't have money for more than one she asked, "Doesn't she have any grandmothers that love her?" Well these quilts show little Miss Cate is more than loved by many family members!
Darling!

Brittanie said...

Good grief!! Those quilts are beautiful! It makes me want to make all of my kids a special quilt!!