Thursday, January 29, 2009

Six

These are the first digital pictures I have of Aiden, at about a year old, because that's when we got a digital camera. The scanner won't work, so we'll have to deal with it...
This is Aiden in Ghana. It's one of my favorites.

Aiden's first camping trip. She collected lots of sticks. And kept trying to get in the water.
Riding the "Make Way For Ducklings" ducks in Boston Common.
Opening presents on her first birthday in our CRAZY first apartment in West Hartford.
AND NOW:
Riding the horse at the children's museum at the Gateway in Utah.


Marching band with Jimmy.


With cousin Tillie, don't they look alike?

How has it been 6 years since my sweet little Aiden came into the world? After being in labor for about a day and a half, my contractions stopped for a few hours. At about 11:30pm my water broke, I woke Lewis up, called everyone and headed off to the hospital. After 4 hours of intense pain, I got an epidural and 4 hours later Miss Aiden made her grand entrance. She let us know she had some serious business to get to and didn't do much sleeping. In fact, sleeping has never been one of her strong points, but we love her anyway. She is becoming such a great kid. And makes sure to let us know that she is "the shortest in her class. And the smartest."

8 comments:

dee said...

Love, Love, Love you Miss Aiden!!! What a cute little girl you were and cute big girl you are!
Hope your birthday was lots of fun. Maybe we can be together for your birthday again some day. It was fun when we went to Chuckie cheese with Matt, Anna, mom, dad and you!
Love Gma Dee

dee said...

oops and Brooks

Brittanie said...

Happy birthday to cute, little Aiden! Aiden is awesome! I love her voice and the way she could have full on conversations with adults when she was just a tiny little thing! She's such a firecracker! Give her a big squeeze for us!!

Melissa B. said...

those first pics are the little aiden I remember. Friday nights at harry's pizza, Bronx zoo and her kissing Bowen on top of Avon Mountain when we went hiking (walking). I remember the first time we realized we had a moses lake connection and you were all Flinstones. fun times! Now I am coming up on my 4th year in Utah, yikes!

Tennille said...

Happy birthday, Aiden. We love you!

Hillary said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AIDEN DEAR!!! We miss you and wish we could party with you on your special day! Say hi to Brooks, Cate and your mom and dad for us.
Eat lots of cake!

lnkmom said...

Happy Birthday Miss Aiden!!!

I can't believe she is 6 either! I love the recent pictures of her, she is so grown up and pretty!

MIMOM2 said...

I really can't believe that you are six!! Wow! What a cute big smart girl you are! Happy Birthday!