Saturday, January 24, 2009

A few randoms


Thanks Lewis for posting about our trip last weekend. I've been meaning to do that........BUT anyway, here are a few random tidbits:

-we woke up at 5 this morning to the lovely sound of A and B fighting on the top bunk about the covers.

-they didn't go back to sleep. none of us did.

-yesterday I tried to "mix it up" at the gym and try this machine that is like a treadmill but with two tread things that go up and down alternately. it was a disaster. i wiped out at least 3 times with one time including a bonus remote flying off and breaking.

-i won't be trying that again.

-Brooks got into the preschool at the elementary school for next year. he had to go in one day this week for a "screening" and amazingly enough, he did great. Not one tear, and I just dropped him off with Aiden in the morning. He was talking their ears off. I am so glad we waited on preschool for him. This year with storytime and gymnastics has given him a chance to grow up before starting preschool. He just doesn't need it like A did, but will love it next year. It's 5 days a week from 8 to 1:30!!!!! Hooray! (and a HUGE blessing that he got in because it's a lottery and I almost didn't get him signed up because no one would call me back but it all worked out and we are so grateful)

-Jimmy loves pacifiers. He chews them like crazy. I bought 6 more today. We bought this bitter nasty stuff at the pet store that I hope works because I am sick of buying those things. Maybe I should put that stuff on my fingernails so I'll stop biting them.

-we were at walmart tonight ( I know, I know, I've sworn it off I promise but I NEEDED pacifiers) and the two women in line in front of me were discussing the problem that our new president wasn't even born in the United States. Lovely.

-our fence is done in the backyard and that totally rules.

-I have been raking up a storm, but I'm done now.

-Cate is trying to eat the computer.

-Lewis is reading Despereaux to the kids, I have a problem with stories that have rats or mice as heros. Can't stand Ratatouille. Can you imagine eating food that a rat prepared? Gross.

-Tonight we went out to dinner at a Vietnamese place that we really like and the 5 or 6 teenage boys working there were eating Chick fil a.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Funny! And a few random comments...
-My kids slept until 9 hooray
-Maybe you should go to Zumba w/ Mikelle instead!
-Yay Brooks! Preschool ROCKS!
-The bitter stuff didn't work for Kiwi...I hope you have better luck.
-We went to 'the Wal' tonight too...YUCK!
-The fence will save your sanity...it did mine!
-What Vietnamese place? We'll have to try it on one of our many 'eat out because our kitchen is all 'tore up' nights'.

Brittanie said...

oooh! You tried the Treadclimber! That one is my favorite because you burn double the calories but it doesn't really feel like you are working any harder! It definitely takes some getting used to though...I've tripped more than once! We love Despereaux! The book is way better than the movie! We miss you guys! Tomorrow is match - keep your fingers crossed for us!

Dan and Dee said...

Loved the random comments, still wanting to see a picture of the fence...thrilled for you and for Brooks that he got into preschool, FIVE days a week-you will love that! He will love going to school with his sister!
Does Jimmy eat anything else besides pacifiers?
I miss Wal-Mart, Target, HEB, Krogers, COSTCO!!!! etc...sigh