Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just a note


Dear Sweet Lewis,
I am so proud of you and all your hard work. I am so glad that you work hard at work and at home to be the best husband and father. I am so glad that Cate lights up when she sees you or hears your voice. I am so proud of you for going after your goals and dreams and for being so determined. But. There are days that I wish you were working at a regular 9 to 5 job where I could always get ahold of you or call you and tell you to GET. HOME. NOW.

Like the time I was trying to go to Enrichment at church and the car broke down. Or the time I was getting ready for bed and I heard a loud crash and couldn't sleep all night. Or the time the tornado sirens were going off all night long. Or the time the other day when we were late for soccer and Aiden needed help with her shin guards and Cate was screaming her head off on the couch and Brooks was yelling for me from the bathroom that he had missed. And he had. Believe me. But mostly tonight when I was trying to get the kids to eat their dinner and Cate was spitting up all over the place and I went down to switch the laundry to the dryer and when I looked in the garage there was raw sewage everywhere. Oh crap. Crap. After I hosed it down and bleached the place, we took a trip to Lowe's to buy another round of draino and I treated the kids to a McDonald's cone. I tried to treat myself to a Wizard of Oz doll, but all they had was Dorothy and we already have her.

I think I will get the kids to bed, pour that draino on down the poopy drain, and eat that ice cream cone that you saved me from last night after soccer. I will sit on the couch and watch some brain numbing TV (hopefully reality) and maybe listen to some Brandi Carslile. I love you and I hope you get some sleep tonight. (so you can come home and deal with this tomorrow :)

9 comments:

The Frosts said...

This is quite possibly the BEST blog post I've ever seen anywhere. First of all, I'm so sorry about the crap. You handle it like a CHAMP and write so well. Great job. What a treat Lewis has for him tomorrow!

mindy said...

JJ, you are awesome. I don't know how you do it. Way to be calm and know what to do and how to handle it all.

Erin said...

Go JJ!!! You are one strong lady! I am sorry to hear about the poop issues!! I hope that gets cleared up right away!!! I love ya girl! Erin

Tiana said...

I don't know how you do it all. I look up to you because I don't think I could manage it all and remain sane.

Sarah said...

Wow JJ! There's many a day that I hate the guys' hours too but I've never had a day quite like the one you described. Hang in there. At least they are no longer interns! :)

Dan and Dee said...

Thanks for the scoop on the poop... Why is it that the guys are ALWAYS gone when there is a gross emergency, or ANY emergency? Murphy's law I am sure!
I think you need you that yummy ice cream from Whole Foods-the orange one that ?Opra likes--blood orange or something like that.
I HOPE your day tomorrow goes better-good luck to Lewis, it's not like he doesn't see gross things at the hospital! You are a real trooper and a good pooper scooper!

Amy said...

JJ and lewis, sorry life sucks sometimes

lnkmom said...

I'm so sorry.

Hopefully tomorrow (today) will be better!

LJABC and D said...

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Honestly, I just thought this would be a funny thing to post about, I'm not trying to be a martyr. I know it could have been 100 times worse and hey, it wasn't a tree on my house!! And BELIEVE me, I know Lewis sees some SERIOUSLY GROSS stuff at the hospital and I would surely pass out just walking in the room. I am just glad he's on my team, that's all.