Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthmarks

Aside from the obvious things like walking into poles and corners, stepping in gum and dog poop, and having unmanageable knotty hair, my kids might not seem much like me. Oh sure, people sometimes say that they look like me, but then they meet Lewis and the "I can't believe how much _____________ (fill in A, B or C here) looks like your husband." begins. One thing that they all got from Lewis is a big red birthmark on the back of their heads and necks. I am realizing that they are hard to see in these pictures for some reason even though they are really easy to see in real life. Also, they all have a blue line (vein) on their nose right between their eyes that is prominent. I can't tell you how many times people in the checkout line have said something about them getting into the blue markers. BUT it's not blue marker, it's a VEIN! Thank you for noticing though! I am not sure where they got it, but I think it's so cool that they all have it. In fact, when Cate was born it was one of the first things both Lewis and I looked for. And it wasn't there. But don't worry, because it is now so I can look forward to a few more years of strangers giving me their 2 cents!
A


B


(can I please add how annoying it is that Brooks learned to cross his eyes because now every time I take his picture--which he hates--he goes cross-eyed just because he knows I hate it)
C

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

We take responsibility for the red birthmark on the nape of the neck but we have no idea about the blue vein on the bridge of the nose.
I have no doubt people ask about the vein being a blue mark...
I have a small mole on my face, under my lower lip. People tell me all the time I have some food on my face!!! I was thinking of having it removed!

Jaime said...

How interesting! It's like they have been branded by Daddy. Jack looks nothing like me either and I don't expect the next two either, but I do like to think Jack and maybe the twins, have my sense of humor?? Maybe something lasting from Mommy?