Friday, September 19, 2008

Flower of the Week




Last week Aiden was the "flower of the week" at school. They spotlighted her on Friday and we got to visit the class and then have lunch with her. It was really fun except for the part when she FREAKED out when I tried to leave. What?!?!?!? I don't know who this child is, have you ever heard of Aiden freaking out about something like that? I mean, this is the kid I just dropped off at the curb the first day of school and she found her way to the classroom on her own the very first time. Whatever.

Some of A's favorite things at the moment are:
The color purple. She has given pink to Cate because two people cannot have the same color. The funniest part is that the reason I originally picked orange as my favorite color was because everyone in my family had picked one of the other rainbow colors---Mom= Red, Dad=Green, Jordan=purple, Jackie=yellow, Kip=green but what can I do about that, John=blue (I think that one was assigned too). Since I was never a pink lover, what was left? Now I love orange for reals. And how can I give Aiden a hard time because I know where she gets it. And I know where I get it, but that's another post in itself (ahem, Mom and eating skittles).

The Boxcar Children books. Classics. We tried moving on to the Junie B. Jones books and hated the first one. Now we're in the middle of The Little House in the Big Woods. She is actually doing lots of reading on her own too which is nice because she will read to Brooks or Cate and they love it.

Phineas and Ferb on the Disney channel. Have you seen it? Hilarious. I highly recommend it.

All things princess of course.

Minnie Mouse. Obsessed ever since Disneyland.

Making forts. Their Aunt Tiana made some great forts while she was here and mine never measure up.

Swimming and playing soccer. Lucky for us soccer is going MUCH better this year. She is a little fish and I am excited for her to do swim team next year.

She loves strawberry ice cream because it is pink.

She adores Lewis. He can do absolutely no wrong in her eyes.

That's all I can think of right now, Cate is crying and I need to go--but we're sure glad we have A in our family, she's been ready to run the show since she was born and she tries her best to be in charge and boss us all around. In spite of the fact that she thinks I am totally incompetent, I really love having her around. She is a big help to me.

3 comments:

lnkmom said...

How fun!!! I can't believe she is reading Box Car Children, I think that's what I was reading in 2nd grade! She has great taste in literature!

Love the whole color thing, as of yet no one has had to "give" any of their favorites to anyone else at our house!

Tiana said...

I miss making forts!

dee said...

Glad she had a good flower of the week day but what a shock to know she was upset when you had to go.
I am still so sad I didn't make it to "K" for lunch with her! :(
Orange huh??? we will keep our eyes open...