Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Soccer Part Deux







Sorry for the annoying commentary. She was having a SERIOUS breakdown every time she lost the ball or anyone else scored (including her own teammates), so I was trying to cheer for her a lot. She is maybe SLIGHTLY competitive, don't know where she got that, and she came running off the field over to me SCREAMING, BAWLING, and with the LARGEST scowl on her face EVER each time there was a goal. She didn't score and I thought this was it for soccer. At the last minute (the very last minute) Lewis came running over to the field and she was instantly happy and had a great time kicking the ball around with him for a half an hour. The only way I got her to keep playing was by telling her they only gave the juice boxes and treats to kids who don't quit. I can't wait until next Tuesday.





7 comments:

mindy said...

You seriously made me laugh out loud at that last comment. What a cutie she is.

kurt said...

That is so funny about Aiden. It takes us back in time. She is so cute. For you it was donuts at Montgomery donuts.

mom

Hillary said...

Oh how funny!! I can just picture Aiden with steam coming out her ears so mad that someone else took the ball or made a goal! What great entertainment! Wish I could be there to witness it!!
Hope all is well!
Love, Hillary

The Bullocks said...

That's so funny, some girls in our ward got together and have a sort-of soccer team that they put together. But anyways Bailee wouldn't stay in the game, so I wouldn't let her have a treat (I'm so mean) and I told her they were only for the kids who played the entire game. so I think next week she'll be staying in. Tyson was dying to play, it was funny, I want to put him in something. and I'm forcing Bailee to play because I don't want her to be a complete awkward adult like me. Katie

The Frosts said...

The most hilarious commentary ever. I seriously love it. It totally sounds like how I expect things to go with Carter when his season starts next week. He freaks if he doesn't win. Should be interesting. I love that you bribed her with treats. Brilliant.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Question. Has Aiden given up her dreams of joining the circus in lieu of soccer?

ps The office starts this week!

Brittanie said...

She is such a spunky little thing! I love her! Brooks looks ready to join the team! =)