
If you are a sportsfan at all you probably already heard that the US women's soccer team lost today to Brazil in the semi finals of the World Cup. Not only did they lose, they lost 4-0 which is huge in soccer. Lewis and I have been able to keep up with the World Cup since it was on so early every day and we have loved watching the games. The US women were ranked 1st and Brazil was ranked 8th. It was a rough start BEFORE the game even started with the US coach switching goalies. The own goal didn't help. Neither did the bad call leaving the US with only 10 players. Neither did Brazil's Marta who played a great game. I am not sure what happened, but it was so sad to watch. Now they have to get it back together for the 3rd place game against Norway on Sunday (at 5am!!!!!). GO USA!!!!
In our soccer news, Aiden didn't make it to her game this week because of a prior commitment. We had to go to Lewis' program director's house for dinner (with the other interns). In the email invitation he said to bring your wife and family, but they looked a little surprised when we showed up with our kids. And seeing the house full of fragile treasures placed right at 2 to 4 year old height I was wishing we hadn't brought them too. Believe me. But, they were nice and even found a few toys for the kids to stay busy with. It was awkward and uncomfortable as you would probably expect, but it was nice to meet them. When we pulled up Brooks just kept saying "big house big house". It was great.
I have been wanting to blog this week, but Lewis has had the computer at work and I have been painting. I need to sand and texturize the dining room still and then I'll be done for a while. I am really happy with the colors, I always love a new coat of paint. If I was going to get down to it I COULD blog about:
my new Ikea catalog that I have been memorizing,
the great deals I got at Target and Pier One kids this week (pier one kids is going out of business so if there is one near you hurry over before everything is gone, it's all 75 percent off),
President Bush saying he will veto a bill to increase funding for the SCHIP program which helps kids who don't qualify for medicaid but can't afford insurance because he thinks it is fiscally irresponsible, but he continues to spend millions of dollars a day on a war that he won't even talk about anything but "staying the course"(sorry for the run-on that makes no sense, but I don't like to go back and edit),
the presidential race and the candidate that many people I know are supporting but gives me the HEEBIE JEEBIES (sorry),
or how nice it was to have Lewis not on call at all last week --- this week he is on call 3 nights and that means he is gone for 48 hours three times. And yes he has to work 12 or 14 hours even the days he is not "on call" and yes being on call means he doesn't sleep. and NO he doesn't get to come home the morning after he is on call.
BUT I won't bore you with that............ha ha ha. I still got my two cents in (but really are you surprised?)
1 comment:
JJ,
thanks for the update. I am glad you have opinions of your own. Go girl!!!!!I'm with you.
Love mom
Post a Comment