







We had a great weekend. Lewis has both Saturday and Sunday off, woohoo, so we decided to party it up. So Lewis drove down to Auburn for the football game with some of his senior residents and had a great time. I hope he'll post about it because I still don't get the whole "war eagle" thing, I thought they were the tigers. Anyway, it was a 21/2 hour drive each way for him. When he got home we piled in the champion honda civic (remember we have 2 kids and an extra large dog) and drove the 41/2--well, it was actually longer due to traffic--hours up to Beaver Dam. We had a great ride up because our kids slept most of the way which is quite a feat for them. Our kids don't sleep very often in the car for some reason. It was a short trip, we left Sunday around 3:30 but it was so great to see Jackie and Brian and of course the girl of the hour MATI!!!! She is so cute and I can't believe how different she looks in only a month. Brian's parents and one brother and his family are members of the branch there and it's in a cute little church that they rent. I think we, along with Brian's sister and her family, doubled the number of people in the branch. Lewis even got to say the prayer in sacrament meeting. It was great and Aiden loved the one on one attention in Primary (there were 3 kids total). We are so glad that we live within driving distance of family and love spending time with these guys. We had a great weekend!! I couldn't resist posting this picture from Hartford, Kentucky. It's the town right next to Beaver Dam. Oh yeah, the kids had a great time swimming in the cold pool, 73 degrees!!!! I forgot their swimming suits so Brooks had some diaper issues. I know, I know, I have tried to tell him to "Just say NO to crack", but isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? Honestly.
1 comment:
i always loved the crack pictures myself. Jackie's baby looks so cute. It sounds like they are doing well. man, i wish i was from "Beaver Dam". what a cool place to call home, almost as good as provo.
Post a Comment