We had a great start Monday night. Lewis was on call and Cate decided she wanted to be awake from 1 to 3:30 am (or maybe later, that's just when I finally went to sleep). Adi kept coming in throughout the night throwing her hands in the air and saying "I am so excited! I can't believe Brooks starts school tomorrow!!!" Then I would force her back to bed.
When my alarm went off at 6:30 I thought "I'll just push snooze, sleep for 7 more minutes and then get up to make breakfast and lunches" but I quickly realized that I could hear the kids. A and B were already up and did not look like they had just woken up. A was literally bouncing off the walls saying "I'm so excited, I'm so excited!!!!!" and B was laying on the couch in a fetal position saying "I don't want to go to school" in a sad quiet voice.
He right perked up after getting to choose whatever he wanted for breakfast--Honey Bunches of Oats (he's easy to please).
I think he backpack is as big as him, but he has assured me many times that it is the only one that will do the trick--BATMAN!!!
Watch out bad guys at school! Brooks is REALLY strong 'cause he eats his veggies.
I like this one because you can see A in the reflection giving orders as usual. (camp director in training)
He ended up having a great time the first day (he was so exhausted) and was thrilled to be going back today.So, now it's just you and me kid! What do you want to do today?
PS do you know how EASY it is do to errands with only one kid?!?!? I could do them all day. Maybe I will.
1 comment:
How exciting!!! Nathan is super jealous of that Batman Backpack!
I'm going to be completely childless 3 days a week very soon, and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! It's kind of a nice feeling!
Post a Comment