Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Contest

Let's have a contest. You win by having the ugliest "thing" in your house. Either send me an email with the picture, or post a link in the comments section. It can be a light fixture, a faucet, a bathroom, a bathtub, wallpaper or whatever you can come up with. You might expect me to enter my blue tub, or my "frosted" light that always looks dirty:


or the fan/light in the kitchen that brings you right back to the vineyards of Italy:


but you would be wrong because I am going to have to go with the fan/light combo in our bedroom:
It is quite possibly the ugliest ceiling fan ever invented. I double dog dare you to try and beat that "orb".

2 comments:

Amy said...

I totally want to play! I have replaced most of our terrible light fixtures. I took them apart when David was on call, then asked him to help me finish when he got home. The orange book from Home Depot really shows you almost anything you need to know.

Johanna said...

I am so mad I didn't see this post earlier. We just finished ripping the best ever wallpaper off of our bathroom wall. It was grey and black speckled to look like some sort of granite or some fancy rock and then they ripped it into little pieces and stuck it to the walls. I guess the ripped edges were supposed to give the rock the rugged look. It was so beautiful and i am so sad we didn't even save one piece. Too bad, but the pink and brown and red paint underneath is pretty cool too.