Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the 1st day of 1st

So the first day of school has come and gone and it was much much better (for me at least) than last year. I walked her in even though she made me promise that I wouldn't walk her ALL THE WAY INTO HER CLASSROOM (how embarassing!!!!). She ran ahead of me and walked in with a friend from her kindergarten class. I followed behind with the rest of the gang and made sure she found the right classroom (she had been nervous about that all morning--"which side is it on? which side is left again? is it on the left if I come from the front office or the K hall?" etc.). So far she is loving it and has only been SEMI dramatic--due to being exhausted and hungry when she gets home.
Bye Mom! Next time you blink I'll be off to college!


Hello Kitty backpack and lunch box/bag thing are ready to go.


Adi (her newest name choice) insisted that we do a fashion show down the hallway while we went through all her old clothes to see which ones still fit. Unfortunately my camera battery ran out of juice early on. You will just have to believe me that it was unforgettable (as you might imagine).


The school kids with their "back to school" present from me, a globe. They have been wanting one forever. Begging, pleading. I thought going back to school slash starting preschool was a good reason to get one for them. It sits on A's office "desk" (along with a framed picture of Lewis of course) where she helps people travel around the world. Not sure exactly what that means, but they are loving it and actually learning a lot too.

5 comments:

Tennille said...

She looks so grown up (and I love the fashion show pic). I'm glad it went well. My kids start school next week at a new school and I'm totally nervous about it!

Cha said...

Congratulations on making it! It sounds like a great day, and what a cool present--I love globes! We love cousins, even if they do grow up too fast.

lnkmom said...

I can't believe she is in 1st grade! I'm sure you are even more amazed!

I love her "fashion show", when I do that with my kids they think it's torture.

Oh, and I love her newest name! Adi is very cute & perfect for a 1st grader!

Dan and Dee said...

I wondered if she would tell her teacher she was Elizabeth. I like Adi and then she keeps the ABC name thing going.
When I called they were playing "travel" and Brooks had picked going to Texas in 3,2,1..you're there guidance from A.
I love that she was amazed that Hawaii was in the middle of the ocean, "Just out in the water."
Darling model--and 1st grade! She's growing up fast, your comment of 1st grade, blink, college is truer than you can imagine so keep taking the pics so you can at least look back at their quick progress to being on their own!

The Bullocks said...

that's so funny. I didn't realize Aden did the same thing with her name. these girls are SO two peas in a pod. it kills me. they will either be the best of friends or the worst of enemies (just because they both might want to be the one in charge).
and I just saw your mom's comment. did she even say her name was Elizabeth? that is too funny.
those girls.