- back to school clothes---check
- first official visit to the dentist---check (insert rant here: I know we don't have dental insurance, but I feel like it is SO WRONG that I have to pay $300 for my kids to go to the dentist since technically my husband is a dentist. ok I feel better now.)
- run over a nail and get a flat tire (me)---check
- go see Night at the Museum 2 at the dollar theater---check
- have your car die in the hospital parking lot and spend lots of time successfully fixing it yourself (new spark plugs and distributor) (Lewis, great job dude!)---check
- sign up for fall soccer---check
- sign up for ballet---check
- find out who teachers will be---check
- meet the teacher day---check

- don't change the baby's diaper all day because we're running around like chickens with their heads cut off (but how cute are those new Target diapers, eh?)---check
We've had a wonderful summer and a busy week, but I think we're all ready to go for next week's big school start. Oh, except I can't find a decent pair of shoes for Brooks. He has a pair of Keens and a pair of crocs that he loves, but his other shoes are all at least 2 sizes too small (oops...). Any suggestions? I am aiming for velcro and no animated characters if at all possible. There is a cute pair at The Children's Place, but I'm not sure of the quality there.
4 comments:
Wow! Sounds like you are ready for some back to school down time!
I can't believe your kids start next week... we still have 3 more weeks for the girls and then Nathan doesn't start preschool until mid-Sept.
I would check out Skechers for Brookes. I just bought a nice pair for Nathan. They are brown and have a cool "Z" strap closure. Good Luck!
Sorry about the stray "e" at the end of Brooks name! I can't type and think at the same time!
It's ok Jenni, I do it all the time too. I also often type Cate with a K!!
I have bought a few pair of children's place shoes and have liked them. I usually try to get GAP shoes on sale they have always held up well. I can't believe school is starting already. I am torn, but think that I am ready. Love the diapers, baby and blue tub!
Post a Comment