Sunday, November 9, 2008

Autumn Hike


We drove an hour and a half to get to a nearby state park and go hiking this weekend. We had to get up early to get out there and back before the big Alabama/LSU game started at 2:30. Otherwise, I would have nothing to talk about around the watercooler on Monday morning at work, right? Actually we did make it back for the second half and got to watch Alabama squeak out a win over LSU. Anyway, we love this time of year when the leaves change colors and the hillsides are splattered with reds and yellows amidst the evergreens. Our hike was beautiful; the kids were troopers and made it over a mile before we stopped and ate our picnic lunch on what Aiden called "the family rock." She also made sure JJ and I promised that every single time we go on that hike in the future we will stop and eat at that rock again. JJ and I both had no problem making that promise. The kids then hiked back to the car, making sure to stop and inspect various leaves and mosses along the way. They even found some time to get in some quick acrobatics. We loved being outdoors with the kids, and we are so glad that they love being out there as well.




2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

The family rock--cool!
Loved the colors, the monkeys, and the fact that you all enjoy the outdoors so much! Fun to have a weekend off to enjoy the family together I am sure!!

The Frosts said...

Awesome pics! I miss leaves - sigh. Oh, and so you know, I am composing an email to you to answer your question (my opinion, of course) in my political post. I'm not ignoring you... I promise :)