This is a chart she made that shows the different seasons and we were supposed to choose our favorite.

This one shows how many push ups each member of my family can do. She called everyone to get correct numbers. I had to write a few of the names because she was running out of room. There is a spot on the right where she has made a star to put the winner's name.
More notes and charts. One is her morning routine because she struggles to get moving in the morning. I got the idea from the book The Strong Willed Child which I highly recommend for parents with a strong willed child like Aiden. Except I'm not sure about the spanking part. Another chart if a list of the songs that she and Brooks listen to. She writes the name of the song and then checks who liked it and who didn't.
"Mom, if you were me, what would you choose? I can't deciiiiiiiidddddeeeeeeeeee"
Aiden is doing really well in kindergarten. She is reading and writing really well and her strong willed, independent nature is treating her right. There is a "ring-leader" mean girl type in her class who has successfully convinced 2 or 3 of the other girls in the class that they have to wear what she tells them to wear, play what she tells them to play, and on and on or they can't come to her birthday party. Well, if you know my girl then you know that she prefers to give orders than receive them, so she isn't going for it. Instead, she is left out (which is FINE with me) and has befriended a special needs girl in her class. Aiden sits by this girl while they do their work (one problem is that A sometimes DOES the work for her) and in circle time. Aiden helps her to be quiet, to know when to sit down and stand up, etc. She has been so good to this little girl and I am so proud of her. Like my mom always told us, the most important thing is to be nice.
8 comments:
Aiden is so sweet. I love you last story! Oh, and those charts, they are too much!
Isn't it awesome when our kids actually show that they've been listening all this time? I love that Aiden has shown that she can be such a good friend!
I love those charts! What a cute girl.
Aiden--I love lists and charts too. Now if I could just follow through!
Wow she is already reading and writing! The charts are too cute and she sounds like such a sweetie.
gpa Jones loves lists...she came by it naturally!
I love that she has a kind heart! I really love that!
loved the pics, the blogs, and yes, even from Russia we voted!
In church today a lady said to one of the American ladies, "America has problems b/c they give you too many freedoms..."
It's a different way of thinking over here! I love my freedom!
The charts are too great! And way to go for standing her ground in class. I'm willing to bet that in a few years she will have accumulated quite a few little journals filled with all kinds of charts and thoughts!
The charts are killing me! What a smarty pants. And that last story made me sad that there are already mean kids at age 5. But good for her (and you!) that she's chosen to be nice. I'm so checking out that book. So far, two of my three are strong willed.
Post a Comment