Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Yard

Yowsers! Someone missed their therapy session or something on that last post................ Anyway, we really are doing well around here and have been especially pleasantly surprised by the grass in our backyard. Remember back if you will the hours and hours and 100 or so black garbage bags that I filled cleaning that yard up. Well, about a week before "the storm" we fertilized and seeded that area. We thought the grass seed was a goner, but it has proved us wrong and it's great. Unfortunately, the weeds are also doing really well. The grass is even growing in our garden!!!! And check out this tomato plant that just won't quit. We moved the garden after the tree fell because the tree and debris was covering it, but this plant stuck it out.





3 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Great grass, great garden! Amazing it weathered the storm!

The Frosts said...

Your yard looks awesome. I'm so impressed with your garden. We're determined to plant this fall (too hot here in the summer)

Hillary said...

What wonderful grass you have!! Good on ya!!

Yay for Lewis and yay for baby C coming when you need her too (if her plans don't differ anyway)!!

I have something for you I need to mail that has been sitting around for you at my house forever!! One of these days I will get it to you! :) Don't get too excited though... it could still be awhile knowing my pace for getting things done!

Hope you guys are doing good... hunker down with all these crazy storms!
-Hillary