

We celebrated Earth Day this year by going to the zoo with friends in the morning. (giraffes rule) When we got home I thought it would be a great idea to go for a walk and pick up trash. Brooks was having a COMPLETE come apart because he couldn't get his gloves on just right ( can you say TIRED?!?!!!?!) and then decided TWICE to run into the road in front of cars. OH, it was a great attempt at saving the earth and we actually did get lots of trash. I just want my kids to know how important it is to be good stewards of the earth. We can't just consume and consume and consume and waste waste waste. We have to be able to give back. Whether it is by taking shorter showers, turning off the water while you brush your teeth or shave your legs, bringing your own bags when you shop, changing your light bulbs to save energy and reduce carbon emissions, using earth friendly (and also people friendly) cleaning products and soaps, buying locally, or doing whatever you can do------- I hope that today we will all decide to be better to our earth and teach our children to appreciate God's beautiful gift to us! Let's all decide to do our part -- GO Earth Kids!
(here are some ideas to get you started)
2 comments:
Those are some great thoughts and ideas to share with kids (and everyone for that matter). I'm sad to say I didn't even know that today was Earth Day. Or was that yesterday? I'm out of it. Thanks for the update.
The giraffe picture with its head cocked sideways as it looks at Brooks is precious. The look on Aiden's face as the tiger is sneaking up on her is a bit worrisome--"Save me mom!"
(Especially with Brooks looking on pointing like, hey look, here he comes--here kitty kitty...-yikes!)
Good for you on your earth day observance. We are amazed at the Japanese people and how they are so clean, and have strict rules on how to recycle their garbage!We could learn a few things from them!!!!
Post a Comment