We're back online! Whew. Friday night the tree guys were here until about 1 am getting the tree off the house. They ended up having to bring in an 80 ton crane to get it off the house. On Saturday morning they came to take the stump out and take the tree away. Also on Saturday morning we had a contractor come and take a look so he could give us a bid. We were sort of in a fog on Sat. and didn't get much clean up done other than some raking (ahhhhh MORE raking!!!!). Then yesterday we had the Directv guy come and replace the dish thing (hooray for the disney channel) as well as the phone and internet guy. (we lost our phone and internet when they took the tree down because it was tangled up in the wires). Also, the insurance adjuster came! So we should be ready to go soon. The main concern is the spot where the tree hit the wall of the house because it hit hard, causing the wall in B's room to buckle and even the brick is bowing. I hope they can reuse the brick because it would seem so hard to match 40 or so year old brick exactly. Hopefully there is no water damage on the inside of the walls and hopefully the rafters won't need to be replaced. Last night a couple of friends came over and helped us 1)bag up a million or so pine cones (seriously we used about 15 bags again!!!!!) 2)pick up sticks, once again about a million 3) rake the yard 4) and sweep the driveway--- it was full of sawdust, dirt slash mud piles, etc. SO A BIG THANK YOU TO THEM!!!! We stayed away from the debris from the house, it is so full of nails. Also, there is a big piece of the stump left in the ground and lots and lots of roots. SOOOOO there is still quite a bit to do, but we are on our way! Here are some more pictures and videos. Oh, and thank you so much for all your nice comments!! WE really appreciate them and we are doing really well. We are all ok, our house is definitely live-able, and all things considered this could have been about 500 times worse.
The tree

Looking down our driveway, our neighbor lost 3 trees and they ended up in our yard!

The crane

the view from the roof (holes are covered by tarp)

Loading the stump. Brooks wants to be that guys when he grows up. (but how cool is that truck?!??!!!)

The hole they made in the the driveway when they were taking the stump out (had to brace the truck)

Our lovely torn up yard (it's just a corner) after the crane came through

A close up of the wall that took a lot of the weight of the tree (actually, we were lucky and the deck took most of the weight of the tree and was able to withstand it. The deck won't have to be totally replaced)
5 comments:
I'm amazed at how fast they were able to get you cleaned up!
I can't imagine being preganant, having my husband at work/school all the time, AND having a tornado tear up your yard & home... You're amazing JJ!!!!
I'm glad you have great friends and neighbors that could come and help you too!
WOW! The pictures show more of the story, and I am sure they do not do it justice! We are so glad you were all safe! We keep you in our prayers as you have to go through this stage of repairs!
Good luck! Thinking of you!
Wow! I am so proud of you. That is crazy. Way to keep your cool and I am amazed at everything you were able to accomplish during the storm and right after.
holy crap!!!! I don't look at your blog for a few days and this is what happens!!! I'm glad your are all ok. good luck with everything. what a nightmare. you'll have to keep updating us on everything. Katie
I am glad you guys are ok! That is so crazy! I really haven't ever seen anything like that! WOW!!
Post a Comment