Thursday, November 15, 2007

This Week


(this picture was from a couple of years ago, but you get the idea)
--the leaves are starting to change and they are so beautiful, but I was worried about them all falling off too fast because......
--last night we had a crazy storm. It was over fast, but there was lots of wind, rain, and thunder and lightning. I was getting a little nervous that our DIRECTV thing might fall off the house and then I would be so sad because.....
-I- would miss my daily workout with my personal trainer Denise Austin. Yes, it's my little secret (well, one of them), I do her workout every day. She is on lifetime at 6 am here so I just record it and do it a little later. NOT that I'm not up at 6am (thank you Daylight savings time and we all know my kids hate to sleep anyway). I have to put in a plug for it here if you have cable (we are loving it and I'm not sure I can go back to no cable for the next 2 years of Med. school, I mean, HGTV?!?!?! TLC this and that, Discovery, ESPN, not to mention the kids channels--you're killing me). Back to Denise Austin. I really have to say her half an hour a day has helped to get me into better shape than I have been in since having Brooks. Plus it is so convenient and less embarassing than a gym class--I am so uncoordinated. I also walk 3 times a week, but I think this 30 mins. a day is so GREAT. SO DO IT TOMORROW, OK?
--I think I am up for mother of the year once again. Yesterday we got home from picking up A at preschool and usually she runs up the stairs to be the first one up and to hide from me, SO I closed the garage door and went in and worked on changing a load of laundry(does it ever end?!?!?) I heard Brooks and Moose making their way up the stairs and followed close behind. I heard Aiden yelling for me so I slowly started looking around for her while picking up random toys, trash, etc. I didn't find her but figured she has given up on me and was playing somewhere. A couple of minutes later I walked back to the TV room and saw her standing outside (we have french door looking windows) just bawling her little heart out. Seriously friends, she was UPSET. Aiden is usually in control but the poor thing was a wreck. Well, I let her in and she was so sad she even let me hold her for about 20 minutes. Probably a record. I felt so bad but was proud of her to think of coming up the stairs to the deck and yelling her guts out until I got there. She said she had tried banging on the door by the laundry and the playroom door because she thought I was probably doing laundry (how did she guess?), but that when I wasn't there she ran up to the deck and was locked out of the screened in porch so she just stood there until I got there. By the look of her though, she thought we had forgotten her. I felt so bad and she kept rubbing it in all day saying "Mom, remember when you locked me out?" OOPS! I just realized this story might be hard to follow since not one of you has ever been to my house. (except mom and John). I guess that means you have to come visit to replay the scene correctly.
--I am getting so excited for the holidays. My siblings are all coming for Thanksgiving and it has really become my favorite because we don't get to see eachother very often. And I love them so much and we have SUCH a great time together. Also, it is COLD today (hey, I can handle 59 degrees as being cold in the winter). AND we are having a blast doing some crafty holiday things around here. I would show pictures but Lewis has too many smashed, abcessed faces to take pictures of and he's been gone, like, all month. I think he's seen the kids for about 3 hours this week. No exaggeration. (Hillary don't worry it's not that bad! :) )

3 comments:

Brittanie said...

JJ - you are one of my favorite people ever! All of your posts make me chuckle and I can totally hear your voice as I read! I wish I had Lifetime and I would TOTALLY (well, maybe) do the workout! =) How exciting that all of your bros and sisters are coming for Thanksgiving! That will be a blast!! We miss you up here!

Hillary said...

Okay... So I don't feel TOO bad. I just wish that we could just start already and get it overwith instead of waiting and waiting for the "storm" to hit. But I guess I will just have me and 1 kid to worry about so I'll survive. Maybe we'll even be in Bama with you!! That would be GREAT! :)

Poor Aiden!! Once when I was a kid I got lost in the dark in Cinderella's or Sleeping Beauty's or whoever's castle at DisneyLand and when I thought I found my mom I grabbed her hand relieved and looked up and it wasn't her! That's when I started panicking... As a kid you think that it will never be okay again... that you'll be lost or locked out forever! The whole memory is still ingrained (sp?) in my brain -- as it probably will be in Aiden's! :)

Hope all is well with you!! Are you serious about the 59 degress being COLD thing?! ha ha ha! Pull out the DOWN JACKETS!! :) Don't feel bad I am just razzin' ya!
-Hillary

Jack Attack said...

oh that's cold! i miss the cool crisp air this time of year. i was at the park yesterday wearing flip flops and a short sleeve shirt and sweatin' it out...it's still on the high 70's!

have a happy thanksgiving. so fun to get together will all your sibs. is Jordan pregnant?