


So Lewis left out some critical points in his blog. 1) the lady at the "national park welcome center" was not very welcoming and quite rude when we stopped by to ask which campgrounds were open. she asked me "what kinda rig you got?" and then she about had a heart attack right there on the spot when I said we were camping in a tent with 2 little kids. "we've had a freeze and are likely to again tonight". she was a real jewel. 2) we ran into Lewis' Aunt Nan in Gatlinburg. Seriously folks, what are the odds, and she even got into town at the exact same time we did. It was lucky for the kids because she took them trick or treating at all the little shops even though they didn't have costumes on. (since when is a prostitute a good halloween costume for a teenager or worse yet, for an ADULT?!??!?!!) the little shops consisted mostly of airbrush tshirt shops, candy shops, knife shops, nascar gear shops, and indoor mini golf slash go cart places. oh don't forget hard rock cafe and ripley's!!!!!! believe it or not. 3) when we were stopped looking at the two bears a guy drove by to ask what we were looking at and when we said two bears he said "probably just a big raccoon" and drove off all grumpy. my favorite part of the trip by far. It is seriously making me laugh right now. i wish I had a picture. 4)do I write seriously too much? would you tell me if I did? seriously. 5) you should have seen all the cars headed toward Tuscaloosa for the big Bama vs. LSU game tomorrow. Lew got a picture of one of the vans. These people even choose the color of their car based on college football. madness. there are a lot of crimson cars in alabama. Ro Ti (translation: Roll Tide, it's what alabama fans say to cheer for their boys. it took me 5 months to figure out what the heck they were saying). 6) Poor Brooks has had some "stomach problems" for about a week now and went through lots and lots of wipes. not fun while camping in 30 degree weather. he got some new clothes out of the deal though because our clothes bags were packed in so well. 7) we had a fantastic week and it has been T-riffic to have Lewis home. Now if I can just get him to look away from that darn Tiger Woods golf maybe I can get him to do some things around the house this weekend......rake leaves, paint, clean the car (it stinks really bad)
6 comments:
Um, so do you like Alabama, or not?!? Hard to tell... people there seem, how to put it nicely, a bit crazy. At least from you descriptions!
Glad you had a some good family time!
Guys always leave out the most important stuff! Sounds like you met some real champs on your outing!
So glad you guys had such a fun trip. You are the only people I know who will take their kids camping when it's 30 degrees. That's awesome.
And there is no way you talk too much. :)
I love the stories of the crazies... they make the best memories! It's funny that there are actually people out there that are that weird! Sounds like a fun family trip none-the-less.
-Hillary
P.S. I love all the talking and the details... I am like that too and Kyle always gets annoyed. Talk on... I love it!
I loved to read about your adventure. What a small world this is. So you know Tennille? How fun is that. I love Tennille. Have a wonderful day and how lucky for your kids that you guys do fun things to have fun family memories.
Seriously, the details of your trip are busting me up. LOVE it. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, despite some of the WT that exists. Hilarious. Isn't it SO weird moving to a place with a totally different culture?! EVERYONE here drives these huge, obnoxious trucks and it just makes me cringe (among many other strange things about AZ). Glad you had fun while Lewis was home!
Post a Comment