The dining room is finally done! After hours of: attempting to remove wallpaper with water then with fabric softener and then with a scraper, priming, sanding, sanding (yes I meant to put that twice), texturizing with orange peel, sanding again, texturizing "venetian plaster" with joint compound, priming, painting, and scraping all the stuff off the floor, it is DONE and it looks great. Lewis was a champ helping out this weekend and I forgot to mention he also caulked the crown moulding.
Did I mention the comeback the Red Sox pulled off? They rule. You can watch them stomp the Rockies tonight. Cause we will and if you hear Lewis yelling "YEAH!!!!!" then you know why. (he really does cheer a little too loudly)
I need to get video of Brooks. He cheers "Let's go Red Sox" and his favorite player is Manny because he has "wong haya" aka long hair.
Oh, and did I mention that it's FREEZING today, I think it's 60 degrees or something and we are totally pulling out the sweaters. HOOOOOOOOORAY for fall, finally. I actually am loving the 3 days of rain and gloom we've been having. Connecticut rubbed off on me I guess. All this sunshine was stressing us out. Even Aiden said "I don't want to live here anymore. It's just SUMMER all the time. I want to live where there is rain and cold and snow and WIND" I just want to be able to open my windows at night and have a nice mountain breeze.
6 comments:
You must show us pictures!
wallpaper? who uses wallpaper anymore? don't you love home improvement projects? for the past month, we have been working on our bathrooms.
we want pictures.
BOO RED SOX!
YAY ROCKIES!!!
YAY! YAY for the dining room and YAY for the Red Sox! Ugh--wallpaper is the worst. Can't wait to see pictures.
As kids we were put into slavery for weeks helping my Mom remove wall-paper from all the rooms of this cool old house that we moved into. It was the really old kind that they used real-live glue to slather it on the plaster walls. We had to rent some big extrememly hi-temperature steamer thing designed for the task to even make a difference. But it came off like butta with it. Oh the memories!!
I want to see pictures too!!!
Re: The Red Sox... yes it has been on non-stop at our house too... Pretty exciting!! And the loud cheering thing -- Kyle has the SAME problem! :) I think Lewis called the other night to talk to Kyle about the Red Sox and all Kyle wanted to talk about was Oral Surgery... that's all we eat and breath at our house now -- OMS. Anyway... So cute about Brooks and his fav player!!
Hope you guys are doing good...
-Hillary
P.S. Sunshine all the time stresses me out too. I love bad weather now and again.
JJ!!!
Those school pictures of Aiden are too dang cute, especially the little curtsie. So dang cute!!! It seems like things are going well there. It looks really pretty . I have a coworker from Alabama...we call him Bama....I would love to talk soon. So you still have the same phone number?
Love ya guys!!
Erin
Post a Comment