Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fried Green Tomatoes

I am going here for lunch tomorrow with my Visiting Teachers but it won't feel right going without Johanna. It's the REAL whistlestop cafe but it's called the Irondale Cafe. I think we saw "Fried Green Tomatoes" the movie 7 times in the theater in PC because it was the only decent thing playing for about 6 months. (at least it felt like that long, but we really did see it 7 times). I can't wait to try some real southern cooking--meat and 3 sides. Fried okra, black eyed peas, collard greens, grits, and of course fried green tomatoes. I tend to not like fried food, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'll take pictures and let you know how it goes!!!

3 comments:

mindy said...

Have fun! I tried grits once and thought they were nasty.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

That is funny, cuz Fried Green Tomatoes always reminds me of when we threatened a certain guy about marrying one of our friends. How fun that you are going with your visiting teachers!

p.s.Speaking of Johanna, rumor has it she has a blog??? But I can't seem to find it.

Jack Attack said...

JJ-I went to that cafe when I went to Alabama the summer after high school! I hate tomatoes, but they were actually good. Enjoy!

To Wanda!