Thursday, April 16, 2009

nine month stats and why I'm glad to have an oral and maxillofacial surgeon on hand



Cate today (almost 10 months)
15 lbs. 5 oz.---looks like we'll be feeding her sticks of butter this month!!!
27 1/2 inches long

--waves and says "ahhhhhh"
--rolls around like she's on a mission
--cute as can be
--sleeps like a champion (this is BIG news at our house)
--adores Lewis
--can do downward dog better than me
--five teeth, more coming in
--first war wound today when Aiden tried to pick her up and dropped her. landed on the leg of the rocking chair and bruised her cheek and cut her eyelid. lucky for us, Lewis saved the day. instead of spending hours in the er, we spent 5 minutes pinning her down on the bed while dr. lew applied the dermabond.
thanks dad! good as new.

10 comments:

Tennille said...

I'm glad N isn't the only teeny baby around, and also that she isn't the only one getting hurt by siblings (although, I hope she doesn't ever have the same kind of wound as Cate. Yikes!)

lnkmom said...

Oh, JJ! I gasped when I scrolled down and saw her poor eye... you are lucky to have Lewis! Hope she is feeling OK now!

She's so little, I know all about that with Lexi, it's just the way they come. I can't believe the big 1-2 is comming so soon!

Melissa B. said...

Poor little thing! That is so nice to have a dad that can fix a kid up. Nothing worse than hours in the ER and the bill that comes with it.

Michelle said...

If only attorneys came with Dermabond skills...glad she's all fixed up!

dee said...

I am sad for Cate but also for Aiden, I am sure she felt horrible!
I am glad Cate didn't have cuts or gashes and that Lewis was able to make sure she was fine. I don't even know what dermabond is!


what a worry!

anna and matt said...

good grief! poor little eye -- good thing for lewis! are you in the midst of a flood there or what?
xo
anna and matt

anna and matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Poor little Cate! Is Aiden ok? I love the hula hooping pictures! They reminded me of ABBA and hula hooping in our good ol' Park Place apartment.

Sarah said...

That eye looks great -- the wound hides nicely in the tarsal crease. LJ is the man!

Dan and Dee said...

okay I goofed. She DID get cut. Luckily Dr. Jones was in the house!