This year for Earth Day I decided we would NOT pick up trash next to the road like we did last year (since Brooks almost got hit by a car twice). Instead, we headed to an Earth Day event and parade. Me and my great ideas........ When we got there the activities were over and the parade was just starting. The "parade" was classes of elementary school kids dressed in homemade paper bag costumes with trash on them who were chanting things like "recycling rocks" and "save the earth" and "reduce reuse recycle". It was a bust. But, it was held in a park in the civil rights district. Here are a few of the pictures I took of the park and some of the sculptures and statues there. ( I think if you click on the first one you can read it.)





It's been getting hot!!! We've pulled out the sprinkler and slip n slide already. And this child would now like to be called Elizabeth if you please. Heaven help us all when she is a teenager.

And this is what Brooks did when I told him that I thought I saw a hornet.
1 comment:
Fun in the sun! Our snow is almost melted...I can't wait for our flowers to come out.
Speaking of flowers, your azaleas look great in your picture.
Oh, and I missed Aiden's picture of her petting the goats, she makes them looks soft and cuddly sitting next to them!
Have fun on the slip and slide, boy I wish I were there to see this!! I miss those kiddos!
Post a Comment