Saturday, February 14, 2009

Moose




,
Our sweet Moose passed away last night.
We are so grateful to have had her in our lives.
She had a very wonderful life in Park City, Springville, Williamsburg, and here.
She loved to run in the snow and in the woods. She trained for marathons with Jordan once upon a time.
She loved running with Lewis (in better days) and every time he got his running clothes on (even now) she would follow him around panting.
She loved to ride in the car.
She was ALWAYS hungry.
One time she ate an entire Costco sized can of almond roca.
She was known to have eaten entire loaves of bread.
She never bit.
She barked like crazy when anyone would come near the house. (I loved this when Lewis was working lots of nights)
She was sweet and sneaky and always willing to be a pillow for Brooks (or anyone else).
We miss her so much and I can't even bring myself to go clean up the spot in the kids' bathroom where she always hung out (it's all dirty from her playing in the mud yesterday).
We love you Moose!
{But like Aiden said, "that's not a very good Valentine's Day".}

16 comments:

Tennille said...

Oh no! I'm so, so sorry for your whole family!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry! I hope Kiwi and Jimmy didn't just wear her out too much the other day. That's not a very good Valentines day, but I love your "moose memories" on your blog.

Mikelle said...

I loved seeing all your pictures!! My kids are so sad too, they loved visiting Moose at your house!!

Tiana said...

I am so sorry about Moose. She was such a great dog. I'm sure this is tough for everyone in your family, as Moose was loved by all. I hope you guys are hanging in there.

lnkmom said...

That's just too sad. Have a better Valentine's Day -K-.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all your love for Moose. It meant a lot to our whole family that she could be with family through the years. We will always remember the wonderful times. Thanks again for the love a support JJ, Lewis, Aiden, Brooks and Cate all gave to Moose. Also to Jordan and Matt for loving and caring for her. She was the family dog.

Dan and Dee said...

I put one of my favorite pictures for our name so you could see it here on this section of your blog JJ.(I hope it shows up) The kids loved to play with Moose and this is her with all of the little stuffed animals guarding her...
We will miss Moose. I am such a cry baby. I am glad I am not around the kids right now b/c I am a mess! She was a GREAT dog!

Dan and Dee said...

Bummer it didn't show up. I have it posted on our site on Feb. 15th if you want to see it.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about Moose. He was such a gentle dog.

Jack Attack said...

sorry to hear about Moose. I remember when she was a puppy. she's lead a full life.

Brittanie said...

I'm so sorry!

kurt said...

I'll always remember the time when Moose came into the house with a bird in her mouth. Jackie was yelling at her, Moose opened her mouth and the bird flew out unharmed. I don't know how the bird got into Moose's mouth, she wasn't that quick,I like to think Moose picked her up to save her from some harm. Moose was a smart dog. She only stuck her nose in a porcupine once and after that learned to ignore them.....we all loved moose...dad

Matt Thomson said...

So hard to hear. I made the mistake of watching "Marley and Me" a few weeks ago and the reality hit that my Sebbers will soon be joining Marley and Moose. I hope your kids remember him fondly and get past the grief soon.

MIMOM2 said...

So sorry to hear about Moose.

anna and matt said...

we are really sad to hear about moose. we miss you all!

Carson.J.Designs said...

Hi JJ, jenny meakins here, i just read this and i am crying!! jackie and i use to take moose for walks and i remember when she was just a puppy....sniffle. xooxox ps the kids are ADORABLE.