Friday, February 13, 2009

"It will drag me"

Dinner at our house takes forever.
Well, Brooks takes forever to be exact.
The other night Lewis was not home to share dinner with us, so I was on my own to convince Brooks to eat (even the things that are green).
We started out with the typical "I don't like that" and "what's the green thing".
After Aiden and I had finished eating Brooks had only eaten his rice.
So, I decided to time him.
It takes him SO LONG TO EAT. He chews every bite forever.
I gave him 6 minutes to finish his vegetables and an itty bitty piece of meat. (we were having stir fry)
In the 6 minutes he finished 2 slices of bell pepper and was working on the piece of meat.
This piece of beef was about the size of a quarter. No, a little smaller.
He chewed it for EIGHT minutes. I am NOT KIDDING!!@#$%^%$#@!
It wore me out.
While he was eating I told him to take a bigger bite and he told me "NOOOOOO!!! Because it will make me drag. It will drag me."
After some detective work we figured out he meant "gag".
Which is true, he does gag a lot.

And this is the face he makes if you ask him to smile.
He's cute, but I wish he would eat a little faster.

3 comments:

dee said...

What a kid! Lea would put her food in her mouth and go to the toilet and flush it down. She tried every trick in the book so good luck!

Melissa B. said...

He is so cute! Dinner time is always so fun. We are trying to make a New England trip in April, want to come? We'll see if i actually make it there.

april said...

My kids and Brooks should get together. I time my kids too. I finish in 10 minutes. They finish in 1 1/2 hours. I like the timer thing even though it gives them ulcers. Oh well, ya gotta get them to eat somehow.