Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Round-up

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments about Moose. We sure do miss her. {Brooks was wandering around the house this morning looking for her.}

Since Lewis had to work yesterday (and today and tomorrow and the next day--you get the idea) we tried to stay busy. Aiden made us each a really nice Valentine note and card which we loved. Brooks felt badly about not having a card or note or gift for anyone, so he decided to give all the girls a pedicure.
As you can see, Cate's toenails were hard to paint. "She is just so wiggly!!!!!"
It was hard to choose a color.
But Brooks worked really hard.

Today Brooks was spotlighted at church.
Here is what they read about him:
Favorite color: green (he usually says blue and brown but whatever)
ice cream: strawberry
Primary song: "If the Savior stood beside me"
temple: Temple Square
season: spring
book: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
hobbies: swimming, soccer, playing with the dogs
siblings: 2 sisters
where were you born: Hartford, Connecticut
What others might not know about you: At night I turn into Batman.

They read a few of his answers and "where were you born" was about the fourth one. It gave it away and he was GLOWING!!

Next, these are in my yard! Is it really spring already? I guess it is here in "the South"......

And last but CERTAINLY not least is the new part of the fence. I originally wanted to fence the whole backyard, but with Jimmy we needed it done ASAP. It's nice to be able to just let him out. The best part is that it just blends right in with the old fence. You would never notice it if I didn't point it out. It looks like it's been there forever. ;)

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

How fun, Brooks is so CUTE! Your house looks great. You probably feel like your in a mansion after West Hartford.

dee said...

Loved the nails. I would never get a pedicure, however, I could probably handle one from Brooks.
What a sweet gift!
I love the fence. It isn't how I pictured it at all. Jimmy must love it too. No digging under yet...and as for the flowers-------we will have to send our snow pictures. Since Candace got here it hasn't stopped!

MIMOM2 said...

What a terrific gift Brooks!! I have completely forgotten that toes get painted..thanks for the reminder :) You are invited over anytime.

The fence looks great. I know in New England the wood would weather fast not so sure about your neck of the woods...