Monday, October 6, 2008

A Quick Trip

Wow. Did we really spent 36 hours in New England this weekend? Our trip was fabulous, but terribly short. We arrived at midnight on Friday and were home by 5pm yesterday (Sunday). In that time, we were able to see so many great friends. A big thank you to Joelle for putting together a get together brunch for us. We loved seeing so many of our favorite people and catching up, even though it was so brief. As we were approaching Hartford from Atlanta, I woke up as the pilot told us we were ready to make our final descent and for a brief moment I felt like I was coming home. It was that distinct feeling of relief and comfort that you get when you return home. For the entire trip it felt like home. While we were visiting with friends at the park and the kids were running around playing I felt like I had never left and I tried to just soak it all up, to memorize everyone's faces and hugs. (thank you Suzanne for the birthday gift, Brooks thinks it's pretty cool).Thank you so much to all of you for that wonderful morning.
The wedding, too, was perfect. Anna looked gorgeous as usual and it was so fun to visit with dental school friends, introduce them to Cate (although I did feel a bit like a baby factory), and catch up. The reception was incredible, on the 17th floor of a fancy hotel. The ballroom was at least 2 stories tall with huge windows on 3 sides and gorgeous views of Providence. The band was terrific, the food was amazing, and everyone had a great time. Also, Cate got lots of attention and she was a dream.
We had a blast hanging out with Kyle, Hillary and Ben too, even though it was way too short. They made 3 trips to the airport for us, gave us a place to stay, and even went and got a Harry's pizza for us to eat when we got home from the reception. They also gave us a quick driving tour of the new Blue Back square which is RIGHT across the street from our old house. We are sad we don't live there now, with a Barnes and Noble, Janie and Jack, movie theatre, Ann Taylor, Crate & Barrel, REI, and more! Thanks guys, we really really really (times 1000) appreciate all you did for us. We had a great trip and now I just have to do 100 loads of laundry and all the other things that come with getting home from a trip.

This is the only picture I got of leaves. They are just beginning to change, I took it from the car.

I know it's hard to see, but they were far away and the church was dark. Beautiful ceremony.

Also blurry, I know, but a great shot anyway. The happy couple.

The beautiful bride. Isn't she amazing? And the dress.....Wow.



Cate meets Matt.

Cate meets Anna. I am thinking "PLEASE for once in your little life, please please don't spit up"

UConn friends, all dentists and some residents too.

Ben and Cate meet.


The essential Trader Joe's trip.

It was a wonderful, but really too short trip. Next time I will go longer so I can pick apples and go to Book Group!

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Sounds great. I am still waiting for my return to New England trip. there is always something that gets in the way. I am so jealous!

The Frosts said...

Could not be more jealous! The picture of the trees is beautiful. Glad you guys had such a fun time!