Friday, February 8, 2008

Oh me oh my

Bangs. I had them from the time I started growing hair up through freshman year of college. Luckily at that point I think someone talked me into growing them out. Bless you whoever you are. Anyway, because of my five head I have always thought that bangs were the only option. But what was I thinking this time? Lew has the camera therefore I can't show you my most recent bangs disaster, so I had to dig up some old photos. Let's just say I am channeling the senior picture right now. BUT, for some reason I have about NO pictures from PCHS and before, I don't know where they have run off to. Sad. But rest assured, if I have known you for more than 5 years then I probably have some gems of pictures of you with funny hair. (Linds are you out there?!?!??!)Anyway, I had a great time looking through those pictures and they made me miss you guys so come and visit, ok? I promise it will be fun!!!!!!!

Senior picture. I know, I know, hot right? I had just finished XC practice and hadn't even showered (hence the red cheeks, although making me turn red IS remarkably easy). Lucky for me they had those handy black combs there so I could look oh so good.
Freshman year in the dorms. I think I had this short hair do for a long time. I am thinking it's time to go back. What do you think? **except minus the bang action* *
Holy cow we were HOT!

On a political note, I hope to not offend anyone, BUT what is up with LDS women being obsessed with Mitt Romney? It's more than slightly creepy to me, he is only a person and I think other candidates are more compassionate and Christian than anything I heard from him. Sorry, this has just been a little bee in my bonnet and I hope we can all be a little more open-minded. Feel free to rant, that's what I say. Let's hear some comments people, at least about the hair before I do something drastic!!!!

12 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

We are out of the loop, do you have a link about what this woman has said or done?

LJABC and D said...

I just meant that so many of my friends and women my age are obsessed with him and SO sad he dropped out. JJ

LJABC and D said...

I just meant that so many of my friends and women my age are obsessed with him and SO sad he dropped out. JJ

Hillary said...

Okay... so about the bangs... are you saying you cut them or you want to cut them? I had bangs my entire life and I think mine TOTALLY beat yours in HOTNESS. If I had a scanner I would show you what I mean -- but I don't so you will just have to take my word for it. :) Lets just say I used a curling iron to style them most of the time... :)

If I was there I would cut some "fierce" bangs for you!!!
-Hillary
P.S. You don't have a "5-head".

P.S.S. Mitt Romney gives me the creeps a little bit... but then again most politicians do -- they are a little smarmy if you know what I mean. And here is my controversial comment of the day... no one get offended please... I think voting for him (if he was still in the race) just because he is Mormon is just as bad as people not voting for him because he is... does that make any sense. There... thats what I have to say about that. Have a nice day.

LJABC and D said...

Hillary, unfortunately I already cut the bangs, see a few posts ago. It isn't pretty, wish you were here! JJ

Hillary said...

OHHH... this is fun having a conversation with you over our blogs...

Anyway... I forgot to mention that I had a dream about "King Cakes"... I dreamt that I made one too but Kyle wouldn't let me get it out to serve it... mine must have been gross too. :) Not that yours was or anything. :) I am sure it was delicious. In my dream mine was hidden in the closet. Dreams are so freakin weird!!
-Hillary
P.S. I am not that skinny... that is a 40 POUND pregnant belly you are looking at!!

BYU Principals Academy said...

man,i say embrace the five head, just as i have had to endure my own purple mountain majesties (oh boy, you should see them when i am nursing). i dig the short hair and totally agree with the mitt romeny thing. try dealing with it when you live in utah county. oh well. sweet.
johanna

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

There is nothing wrong with FRINGE. Give up the war against bangs!

ps don't start channeling any pictures of my bangs from freshman year! ; )

kristenita said...

LOVE the flash-back photo of you and johanna in front of the mailboxes. and I think your senior photo is cute. no shower or not!

JJ. I am not obsessed with mitt.
I do think he would be a good president. much better than the other options who are going to make it onto the ballot. it has NOTHING to do with his being LDS. (I already commented on this issue in response to your very angry yelling-at-me comment on my blog!)
oooh politics!

:)
still love ya.

Erin said...

Hey Jaige,
Ok....I loved the whole meg Ryan short hair look in college.I say go back.....you rocked it. I toyed with the whole bangs idea, but I wasn't brave enough.....

Jack Attack said...

arrghhh...i hate computers!!!!!!! my long comment got erased. it essentially said no politician is perfect (although Mitt may have perfect hair:.) I'm not dedicated fully to either party. Each canidate has faults and issues that i don't agree with (McCain and immigration, Hillary-care, abortion rights...). Mitt wasn't my choice b/c he was LDS. If I were swayed that easily, Hillary may have my vote b/c she is of the same sex.

In the famous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all get along?". I'm just not feeling the love during this month dedicated to teeth rotting sweets and over-priced roses and chocolates.

P.S. I would like to know who all you "Romney-gives-me-the-creeps" are supporting?

Jack Attack said...

my other comment was twice as long...

P.P.S. I always loved your hair short, JJ. And what 5-head? Speaking of 5-head...I saw Michelle from PCHS (I can't remember her last name...just that she had a painted car and Anna taped down the horn) at the LV aiport last week when I was picking up my mom. Total Hippie.