Since Lewis spent some of his formative years living in New Orleans, I thought it was vital that we celebrate Mardi Gras. Even though we don't
technically celebrate Lent, we do like any excuse to live it up. We had red beans and rice for dinner and a king cake. Oh, and we are TOTALLY planning on going to the real thing next year, so if you're in, mark your calendars now! (it just didn't work out with Lew's 114 hour a week work schedule this year, imagine that).
Our king cake. Why oh why am I so easy to forget that I can't cook? It was gross. In my defense, it never rose. Lewis got "the baby" which was actually some littlest pet shop piece. His prize is that he has to clean the toilets.

Mardi Gras masks, a must for any proper "fete".

Did I mention that it was 75 degrees yesterday? Lovely.

Just a handsome dude. (his photo for his medical school step 1 exam application)
3 comments:
Fun! I've never celebrated "mardi Gras", we will have to do a little parade or something for the kids!
Hope you are all surviving the long work week, I still can't imagine how you are doing it and having another baby!
We celebrated Mardi Gras in Russian last Saturday night. There was a community party.
Gma Clayton's cinnamon roll recipe is a good King Cake recipe-if you don't have it I can pass it on.
Your's looked great, even if it didn't raise!
Your masks were cute, wish I had thought of that for us to wear here!
ps
what a good looking guy!
Post a Comment