




Here are some fun pictures from our last couple of days in West Hartford. Goodbye Raymond Rd!!! and thanks to all our friends who stopped by to say goodbye!
Wow, is it really only June 7th? This might just have been the longest 2 or 3 weeks of my life. We are settling in here in Alabama (Lewis is still in Italy until Sunday) and learning our way around. Tonight I finally went out and bought a hose because I noticed that my hedges were starting to be brittle, ooops. Well, wouldn't you know it, it is raining now. It's a good thing too because I guess we are in the middle of a pretty serious drought. Everything is brown. ANYWAY, we have been staying busy. Since I unpacked in about 3 days we have had to find some things to do around here. But can I tell you how much I am loving the cable TV?!??!?!!? Obviously (from my last post) I found Whole Foods really quickly. It was nice to find it because it felt like home. I guess that means we spent too much time there in West Hartford. We were talking about West Hartford as we were driving down here and about how much we were going to miss it. I do tend to be the homesick type (I don't think I spent the whole night at anyone's house until I was about 15), but I am really missing West Hartford right now. It is just such a great place and our apartment was in a perfect location. Also, we truly met amazing people while we were there. I know that I will settle in here and grow to love it, but the transition is not easily made for me. I think that I am a pretty independent and adaptable person, but it is still always hard starting over. I think that having Lewis gone is adding to the whole thing for me. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, here's what we've been up to: the Direct TV people came last Thursday and told me that the only place there was a signal was on the front of the house, so I got cold feet and rescheduled. Friday we went to the park and checked out the library. Saturday after hitting Target we hung out with the Bradfords, our friends here that we already knew, and then the had us over for lunch again after church on Sunday. On Monday we hung out while the Direct TV people came (they found a spot on the back of the house where there was a signal, whew) and then the phone guy. We went to the county building to turn in our deed for the homestead exemption and then headed off to the park. That night I spent a long time on the phone with the support guy figuring out the internet since our computer wouldn't read the intallation disc. On Tuesday we hung out with Sumer and the boys and went to the Birmingham Zoo, the kids had such a blast. We were SO SO SO SO glad to see them and might visit them in Atlanta this weekend. Since Lewis has the camera I don't have pictures, but Sumer took a bunch so maybe I can figure out how to use the ones she emailed me. On Wednesday we hung out here in the morning while we had the windshield changed on the Camry and then went and joined the pool in the afternoon and swam our little hearts out. Today we went swimming again ( I got fried, what's new), and then to Lowe's this evening. See I told you we're busy! Tomorrow we are going to the McWane Science Center where they have a Bob the Builder exhibit going on right now. I think the kids will love it. After that I think we'll go join the library since we now have a bill with our address on it. Oh yeah, and I already got an email from some guy in the ward here asking me to come help clean the building on Saturday. That was totally random. That's our update, more exciting things to come I'm sure! Aiden keeps asking me about how the people talk here, she's fascinated by it. I will be sure to post pictures of the house as soon as Lew gets back! Peace.
2 comments:
Cute pictures! I love all the updates! It's so fun that you and Sumer are able to get together! I miss you two girls! I wish that we could have gone to the zoo with you!
Yeah JJ! I am so excited for you guys to experience the deep south - what a change from West Hartford to say the lease. I am not so keen on change as well, but I do love the new perspectives and growth that always come along with it. I am longing for a little change myself (dare I say a taste of suburbia?). Somedays I wonder if we will ever leave NYC and then some days I worry we will and then I remember that we're in control. So until we make any decisions, I am going to live vicariously through you. I can't wait to hear more about Birmingham.
Post a Comment