






I finally can add some pictures of the house. The first one is the front of the house, second is the rear view, third is the view from the front entryway into the front room and dining room. Third and fourth are pictures of the kitchen slash den from either side of the room. Fifth and sixth are the kids rooms. Notice the nice colors behind the bunk bed. Our first night here Lewis ripped out a built in desk (luckily because now the bunk beds fit perfectly) and it revealed quite the color. I will be repainting soon, don't worry! Sorry I didn't bother to straighten up or even make the bed (I've never been good at that), but I just wanted everyone to get an idea of what our house looks like. No pictures of our room yet because it's nothing but a mess of stuff to put under our bed--as soon as we get one!
EDIT--I just looked at the blog after I posted it and I guess the pictures got out of order and I don't know how to fix them, but you can probably figure it out. SORRY!!!! (Brittanie can you help here?!?!?!?!!?!?)
The kids have been cracking me up lately. We have been going to the pool a lot and now every morning when Brooks wakes up he starts saying "pool, baby. pool, baby". He is loving the pool because it has a zero depth entry (meaning it is like the beach) and there is also a baby pool. Aiden is a fish and just swimming all over the whole pool. There is one of those mushroom fountains in the middle of the pool and she loves swimming up to it. I will have to take the camera to the pool.
This is the conversation I heard as we were going to sleep tonight. (All three of us in one twin bed):
Brooks: "You, you, you, you, you, you, you, eeeeeeeeee-yen!" (I love you Aiden)
Me: "Aiden, Brooks is saying I love you"
Aiden: "I know, I was just hearing him. I love you too Brooksy, to the moon. To Saturn, to the sun. Now close your eyes and go to sleep. ok?"
Brooks: "Go-night, eeeeeeeeee-yen"
It was so sweet. Now if we can just get them back into a NORMAL sleep routine.....
3 comments:
Congrats on the house. You guys look very settled for only having been there for a little while. I love the story about Brooks and Aiden. I love hearing my kids talk to each other. So cute. And I feel like I could have written your post about settling in. It feels very strange to be in a new place and getting settled - finding the library was one of the first things I did too. Good luck to Lewis and his pictures are amazing!
Oh my gosh! Your house it HUGE! It's so cute! Brooks and Aiden are so adorable. That is the cutest conversation ever. I'm glad that Lewis is home. It's hard to be without a husband - especially when you are in a new place!
We miss you guys! Your house looks awesome. Congrats again. It looks like y'all ;) are getting prety settled. And btw, we totally miss Aiden and Brooks too. What great kids you have.
Post a Comment