Monday, June 25, 2007

Our First Visitors






My mom and John came to visit us last week. They flew into Atlanta and rented a car and got here last Tuesday night. We had a great time hanging out and they even got to see Lewis for the one minute he wasn't at the hospital! I wish I knew more things to do around here, hopefully I can figure some things out to do before the next time we have visitors. We did drive around Birmingham and also visited Oak Mountain State Park which is a really cool state park with a farm , a wildlife rescue center, a bird "treetop" walk, a lake with a "beach" and lots and lots of biking and hiking trails. I think we will probably do lots of camping there as soon as it cools down a little bit. On Saturday we drove up to Beaver Dam, KY and Jackie and Brian came down from Cinncinati to meet us there. We got to swim and hang out. The boys didn't get to golf as planned because it rained really hard the whole time we were there. We had a blast anyway though. My mom and John left us in Nashville and headed back to Atlanta. They will be in Utah (and Yellowstone, Oregon, and Lake Tahoe) for a few weeks until they head down to Mexico! I am so glad they made a stop here, the kids had so much fun with them and we miss them already. Thursday the kids and I head off to Houston to go to Clinton's wedding. Lewis will meet us there Saturday. SOOOOOOOOOO, today I am trying to get lots of things done, one being the DREADED DMV visit. I have already spent an hour and a half there this morning and have to go back. More on that later......

No comments: