This year, for the first time, we signed Brooks up for baseball. It is a really low key league called Joy League which is perfect for a kid like Brooks who is very nervous about anything new. I was worried that he wouldn't like it and wasn't expecting him to be excited about it, but he had a great time. Originally we weren't planning on being at this first practice, but because we drove straight home from Orlando on Friday night we were able to be up and at practice by 8 on Saturday morning. Here he is playing catch with Lewis:
Getting coached at first base:

And getting ready to run the bases at the end of practice. Most kids just ran around once but Brooks kept going and going and going. Maybe he has some distance running genes after all....

All in all it was a smashing success. He LOVES tball and can't wait to go back. In fact, he has been practicing with Lewis and Aiden every evening since.
1 comment:
I loved your low down on the baseball practice. I almost felt like I was there. I am so glad he is enjoying it and love that Lewis can be a part of it.
Post a Comment