Thursday, March 10, 2011

50's Dance Day

This is not my child but she's a friend of Brooks' and I couldn't resist posting this. Especially for those of you who don't live in the south. Here, mac n cheese IS a vegetable. I will explain in more detail on a future post.


At our school the kids do a Dance and Rhythm unit. The preschool through 2nd grade learns 50's dances and each class dances to a different song. This year I finally broke down and made Aiden the poodle skirt she's been wanting the past 3 years. And the elastic broke right before she danced. Luckily she has inherited Lew's short legs and was able to roll the skirt a couple of times to make it tight enough and it was still not too short. Please excuse the terrible pictures.
Brooks doesn't love anything that is not part of his normal routine so gelling his hair back and wearing jeans was really stressful for him. But he was really brave and did it and had a great time onstage.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so impressed with that skirt. Will you make one for me?

Dan and Dee said...

Oh, please tell the kids I wish I had seen the program.
They look great! Nice job on the skirt JJ. I love how they both look.

MIMOM2 said...

Great job on the skirt!! Put me to shame :) Great job everybody looks like a great time.