The best thing we did was use RideMax. I highly recommend it if you are planning on going to DisneyWorld or Disneyland. It is a program you buy online and you just put in the days you are going to be at what park and click on the rides or shows you want to do or see. Now that I've been I would have a better idea of what we want to do. It gives you a plan down to the minute. Your plan tells you when to do what, how long the lines will be, when to get fastpasses, etc. It was so great and never steered us wrong.
Our second day was spent at Hollywood Studios. Probably the least popular park with our family, but there was still lots of great stuff to do. The best part was that we got there first thing and while everyone else was running (Lewis included) to get fastpasses for the Toy Story ride we got to see lots of characters. Since we really weren't into standing in line for hours to meet our favorite characters (Ariel and Eric were a different story but that's getting its own post), this was perfect. We saw Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Piglet, and Stitch in about 20 minutes. It was great.

Cate LOVED Minnie and Daisy. Donald, no so much. Sorry Donald!



Cate and I watched the parade while Lewis took Aiden and Brooks on the Tower of Terror. HUGE mistake. Aiden is still traumatized by it. Interestingly enough she is more scared of the ghosts and spooky stuff than by the up and down of the ride. While we were taking this picture (we were waiting for the parade) a grown man came and stood right in front of Cate in her stroller completely blocking her view. When I said something to him he was so rude about it and continued to stand there. Which brings me to my first point: will someone tell me what this business about "Southern hospitality" is? I have yet to see any of it in 4 years of living in the south. This man was probably in his late 50's or 60's and was obviously a southerner. If his sunglasses with chums, tucked in polo shirt, and khaki shorts didn't give him away then his accent did. Also, the only people I met on this trip were from New England and very friendly. In fact, one time on the bus back to the hotel I was carrying the stroller and our bags up the stairns to the back while the whole bus just watched me. A woman with a thick Boston accent said "Someone PLEASE help the pregnant woman get the stroller up the stairs!" I was grateful. Rant over.

Can you guess what Cate's favorite was?

Good guess! She also loved the Disney Junior live show. Brooks loved the Indiana Jones action stunt show and Aiden's favorite was the American Idol experience.
Day 3 was spent at Epcot. The golfball was a hit.
The best part for me was that there was a flower festival thing going on. The topiaries and flowers were incredible. Oh, and I also loved how Lewis kept calling the ride Test Track something different.
I also loved visiting Das Vaterland but it was hot and we were all burnt out by the time we visited the different countries. At one stop Brooks even found a tiny piece of shade on the cement ground and curled up into a ball and just laid there. That was when we knew it was time to head back to the hotel. We had a really long 3 days and decided it was time for a rest and a swim.
Day 4 was Animal Kingdom.
The Lion King and Finding Nemo shows were truly amazing. It was like getting to see 2 broadway shows in one day. They were incredible.
I hear the safari was great too but they wouldn't let pregnant women on the ride. Hey, if I was in REAL Africa I'm sure they would have had no problem letting me on!
Brooks loved the rapids ride too and after the Tower of Terror (aka TOT) experience we decided not to push Aiden to ride Expedition Everest. Brooks is our little ride lover and was bummed that he couldn't do it. Next time!
Our last day was spent at Magic Kingdom again. We missed the 8:00 opening which is really key in getting lots of rides in, but we were still able to do everything we wanted to do. You'll never guess what was one of this thrill seekers favorites:
Brooks ROCKED Buzz Lightyear.
And I got sick just WATCHING them ride in the teacups. (not a joke)
Even though we didn't get there right at 8 we were still able to ride Dumbo with a minimal wait. I think it was still at least a half an hour. (we were at the ride at 8:45)



5 comments:
so fun! We did the same thing to Kennedy on the tower of terror when she was about 5--she still talks about it!
Haha! ...Good call on Expedition Everest. There was a part that made me feel like I was about to be eaten. Glad ya'll had a great time! You are a trooper to be there pregnant for 5 days....way tougher than I would have been.
Good pictures, I wonder what good quality pics look like!
The trip sound awesome-especially seeing all of the characters you did!
I love the last pic of the Mickey monkey see monkey do.
The kids look like they are enjoying themselves and there is one of Brooks that just shines with the joy of the moment, can't remember which one right now. Love how A&B start out your blog-I hope they always stay close!
I just looked at the photos again. Aiden is also bursting with happiness! Such a darling family!!
Looks so fun! And crazy, I am with you, let's just hang out on the beach. You look great!
Post a Comment