That first night we couldn't find a room. It seemed like every single hotel was booked for some event or another and we ended up staying in a pretty dumpy place. However, the kids were thrilled with the playground! A run down, homemade merry go round. They are pretty easy to please.
We were all thrilled to be able to hit the beach for a couple of days. I've said it before and I'll say it again--the gulf beaches are the most beautiful I've seen in the whole world. White, sugary sand and warm, clear blue water. If it's big waves you are after this isn't the place for you. But otherwise, it is heaven and so close to us! Also, a great place to collect shells:
I'm so glad my kids love the beach because I don't think there's anywhere I'd rather be. Hey, do you think they need and Oral and Facial Surgeon down there? This is at Manatee public beach on Anna Maria Island.
Really, if you are looking for a great beach vacation I highly recommend the gulf beaches. Alabama's are great and from what I've seen of Florida's they are great too.
I had to include this picture of Cate coughing so we can all remember how miserable she really was.
Lewis and the big kids also squeezed in a baseball game while Cate and I rested in the car in a Target parking lot.
They lasted through the 5th inning until they were too hot and whiny for it to be fun anymore. But they had a great time, especially Lewis, and loved being so close to all the players.
3 comments:
I can't believe you didn't go into the game, maybe tickets were too pricey but I think you and Cate were the troopers this time! Your trip sounds like such a success!
so so so very jealous!! your trip looks awesome!
Actually, Cate and I didn't go to the game because she wasn't doing very well---fever and terrible cough---and was asleep when we pulled up to the stadium. We decided it would be better to let her sleep for a while and that's why she and I didn't go to the game. But the rest of them had fun!
Post a Comment