Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last weekend was super duper busy


Starting Friday with a field trip for Brooks. Since I had a derm. appt. I wasn't able to go as a chaperone, but baby C and I illegally joined them for a few minutes at the farm.


.


Friday evening Aid had a birthday party and then a dress rehearsal for ballet. On the way from the party to the rehearsal she was begging for makeup. Well, unfortunately for her I don't typically carry makeup in my purse! I knew she wanted to wear some because she had asked somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 times about it, but had forgotten in the shuffle of in and out of the car , buckle the baby, unbuckle the baby, run here, run there, etc. Anyway, long story short, we found some shiny lip gloss stuff and made it work as blush and lip stuff!!


Saturday morning was the big ballet performance which was so awesome. The theme was "Jesus loves the children of the world" or something like that. ("you know you live in the south when...") And they were the USA. She was terrific.And B got her flowers.

Right afterward we headed over to a town carnival where we had a blast and even ran into some friends!The baby was so jealous that she couldn't ride.

Favorite picture from the weekend:
Later, it was another birthday party for Aid (2 friends having a party together) and then the parade and street dance to end the day.

Our town has the best parades because they throw SO much candy. The kids all have bags and even though we were at the end of the parade we still made a haul.

And Ronald Nored was there getting a major award. 'cause we're cool like that. And he's from here. (bonus points if you remember him from the NCAA tournament)

We danced our little hearts out and headed home when it got late.

Sunday put the icing on the "my crazy little life" cake. :)

4 comments:

Mikelle said...

so fun, I love Aiden's costume!!

kurt said...

Missi
Ill
Fla
Maine
Misso
Ark
Mich
Tx
Iowa
Wisc
NM
AZ
Alaska
Hawaii
Cal
Minn
Ore
Kans
W Va
Nev
Neb
Colo
ND
MT
Wash
Ida
Wyo
UT
OK

Thank you

Cha said...

What fun pictures. Love the peacock spread! Bravo Aiden, wish we could have been there. Great hair brooks. Uncle C says the picture with the cotton candy looks just like Lewis. Cate's hair is so long--what a cutie.
I love how you guys always have so much fun.

The Hoppers said...

Hey JJ! I found your blog through Sarah's. Lawson (my husband) was driving somewhere the day of the parade and when he got home, he was like, "I saw this guy and I knew him from somewhere so I waved so he wouldn't think I was not acknowledging him (because I knew him and then realized it was Ronald Norad from Butler." Which is funny that he thought he knew him from only watching him on TV.:) Anyway...love the blog!
Taryn