Saturday, May 1, 2010
Don't worry, this won't turn into a one liner blog with no pictures
Turns out I'm allergic (at least a little bit) to parabens. Which is a mix of preservatives that is in most everything. Ok, not everything but lots of shampoos, conditioner, lotion, cosmetics, etc. The dermatologist gave me a 76 page list of products I can use. Most are of the pretty expensive variety, but there are quite a few "drugstore" products that are paraben free. Actually, most of the products I use are already on the list, but hopefully eliminating parabens from my life will help me out and get rid of the skin issues!!! My arms and legs are the latest victims....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You poor thing... Your eyes looked so painful. I have had that happen a couple times as a teenager, not fun!
Hallelujah--they have an answer. Not a fun one but at least an answer!
Good luck finding things to use, eat and wear...etc. and may the parabens NOT be with you~
Congratulations! I hope things get better now that you know what you are allergic to. Is it just a new allergy? Did they explain why you haven't had the reactions until now?
I just don't like parabens (needed to project on something) and started eliminating it from our home. I just want to be squeeky, natural clean - no wax thank you. anyway, try the generic brand at wholefoods - the 365 brand kind. i really like their lavender shampoo and mint body wash AND they are NOT expensive - think $2.99/bottle. Need me to send ya some?
Jaime, thanks so much for the tips. I actually already use that shampoo and have switched over to the body wash. Is that all they make though?
Hey at least its 70 pages of stuff you can use and not 76 pages of stuff you can't. :)
Yeah! I am so glad that they figured it out! Hopefully no more puffy eyes! :)
Post a Comment