Monday, April 26, 2010

Some pictures of my eyes from last week

because I'm feeling sorry for myself.
Wow! I guess my nose IS crooked. I never knew.
I took these the other day to show Lewis my eyes because he was on call and I was feeling like I needed someone to tell me how sorry they were. Am I pathetic? Don't answer.
Pathetic but super cute!

Today my eyes are actually doing pretty good.
They are dry but not so red and puffy.
Last week the allergist (2nd visit) gave me 2 new prescriptions and told me I will most likely be taking the steroids until the end of June.
Which is when the pollen season ends.
Which is fine except for the little FACT that my skin issues started in the fall and winter when there is NO POLLEN.
So, I'm not taking the steroids. HA!!!

At the dermatologist on Friday they did a patch test. (Do you want to see a picture? It's pretty cool but it's my back and I'm not sure the www is ready for that action. hmmmmm)
Which means that I haven't showered since before that.
I have had several sponge baths and hair washings under the faucet but it's not like a real shower.
When I went in today they couldn't read the results because my newly sensitive skin reacted to the tape that was holding the patches down.
I have to go back Friday for another look.
And I have to keep my back dry so the marker numbering won't wash away.

So, in conclusion: no answers, no showers, no exercise or yard work, lots of itching.

To Be Continued......

PS Do you read this on a reader or do you see the end of residency countdown? It's depressing really.

14 comments:

Erin said...

Oh JJ!! I am so sorry about your poor eyes!! You are not pathetic....I would have felt sorry for myself a long time ago! I hope they figure something out for you!!! Hang in there!!! :)

Katie said...

You just got 2 minutes closer to the end of residency just during the time I read your post!! Now my eyes are watering (either from looking at your pictures or from thinking about the fact that you're 2 minutes closer to moving away). Can't wait to hear about the next appt!

lnkmom said...

Oh, I'm soooooo sorry. As I was reading your post David came over and told me how he hates his allergies here where we are... I told him to look at your sad eyes. He said he isn't going to feel sorry for himself anymore!

Oh, and I was reading on reader, but had to come check out your ticker, Hang in there!!!

Mindi said...

Oh my gosh...I feel so bad for you. You would have never known on Sunday that your eyes looked like that early on in the week. They looked good. Hope you are feeling better.

Mindi said...

PS- love the countdown!

Jack Attack said...

just looking at the pictures makes my eyes water. your poor thing. did you have these problems last year during allergy season?

The Frosts said...

Oh man. So sorry about your eyes. That looks miserable. ANd I think I might die without a shower for that long. Hang in there. I hope they can find some answers for you. ANd just think how much closer you are to the end now than when you started!!

Dan and Dee said...

I cannot imagine the itch that is associated with the color of your eyes. I've never seen or experienced anything like that--you poor thing! Glad Lewis had the energy to mow the lawn. I was telling my Russian class about th allergy testing you are going through and one of the ladies asked, "What if she has a reaction to the tape?" CRAZY! Yes, I want to see a pic of your back...GOOD LUCK!

Mikelle said...

That just looks miserable!! Good luck!

Sarah said...

JJ, I really do not know how you are holding it all together. What with the schedule the guys have to keep, their exhaustion, and as a result the extra "mom" responsibilities paired with your medical irritations - seriously, you are my hero for holding it all together. And I know you are not asking for a pat on the back but that's exactly what you deserve!

Sarah

The Bullocks said...

oh I hope you are feeling better. that is so sad. What a nightmare. good luck.

kristenita said...

oh jayge. YOUR EYES. I feel bad for you & not in a pathetic way. that just looks miserable. it sounds like you are allergic to residency? and alabama!?

I sure hope you get your shower soon & get your eyes back & get some answers/solutions. you poor thing!!!

Tiana said...

YIKES! You poor thing! I guess Central CA is out of the question for you guys. I'm sure your allergies would be atrocious out here with all of the ag land... At least I can tell Jason that he is being a baby when he complains about his allergies because his are nothing compared to yours. I hope they figure something out that can help you manage this.

Brittanie said...

Good grief JJ! I hate that you are having to deal with this! I've never even heard of Parabens! I hope things get back to normal soon! That is NO fun!