
This is cute, my belly today. It's also on my chest, my back, and my thigh. As well as my arm, wrist and hand. Still mostly just on the right side of my body.

The backyard today after I finished with it.
The "other side" of the backyard. I hope to pull down the random fence, fence in the whole yard, dig out the monkey grass border and randomly landscaped shrubs and make the backyard big and grassy! We'll see, I'm feeling pretty burned out right now. Ask me in the morning and it will be a different story I'm sure.
So, the poison ivy is NOT gone. Even after using the prescription steroid cream which a lovely nurse practitioner prescribed for me. It was my monthly checkup and everything was great, my iron is even on the upswing. Only problem was the 2 and a half hour wait to see the doctor. And I'm not even exaggerating. It was SOOOOOOOO annoying. Anyway, I am as itchy as ever and must still be coming in contact with the poison ivy, OR it is something else altogether because it is spreading all over the place. (except it's pretty much all better on my face now.) See my pictures for proof. Friday night I couldn't get to sleep until 3 am because of all the itching and Saturday and Sunday my left eye wouldn't stop TWITCHING as a result. Sunday I woke up with my right eye completely crusted over and the thought of having to teach 10 crazy wild maniac 5 and 6 year olds by myself was almost enough to make me stay in bed all day. I itched my whole way through it, but it wasn't so bad. The lesson, "Heavenly Father watches over me" was a great reminder and the weather was great!! The best part of my story is that I finished the raking today!!! I filled another 18 bags with leaves, pine needles, dog poop, ivy, etc. and can't wait to start raking the other side of the fence. I even bought grass seed and fertilizer today at Costco. Hooray for projects and yards. Boo for poison ivy.
9 comments:
Did the doctor confirm that it is Poison Ivy because my fellow Gymboree mom broke out with the same itchy looking ailment right around the same time in her pregnancy and it was something hive related.
I hope this gets better soon. NO FUN!!
That does not look fun at all. You should e-mail Monique about poison ivy. She and Al got it bad about a year ago. Congrats on the good looking yard now!
Holy cow - that is some serious poison ivy! Your back yard looks awesome! I'm excited to keep seeing the progress!
I think it is completely unfair that you would get poison ivy when you're pregnant. It's just not right. Hope it goes away soon!
Your yard looks awesome. What a bunch of hard work. Ok, we both got PI really bad two years ago when we cleaned up our yard in CT. And we had repeat flareups for about the next year. You will probably have to go on the oral steroid that Al had to go on to finally get rid of it. Hopefully you can take it while pregnant. I hope you're better soon!!
The poison ivy on your tummy looks almost like a face smiling at you. The sad part is I bet you aren't smiling. Your yard looks awesome though.
You are SuperWoman I swear!! With all that you do and preggers with poison ivy/mystery rash to boot!! Hope you are holding up okay. :)
I can't wait to see your yard all finished... good work! Did you find any scary bugs in all the leaf mush? I am scared of raking/yard work because of the crawly critters that I find! I know I am a total wimp! :)
Post some pictures of your growing prego belly... I bet you look so cute!
-Hillary
oh JJ. that looks so sad, I remember breaking out in hives when we were first marries, and it was terrible. I hope it is getting better.
your yard looks great. I can't believe you did all of that. and while you were pregnant. I get so lazy when I'm pregnant. Good job. and good luck with the poison ivy. Katie
you are out of control! be a normal pregnant woman and put your feet up before they start to swell. can't wait to see the finished project.
Post a Comment